• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Car Bass

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sn0rKy

anybody ever see a car with a acrylic bass enclosure?
that would look nice..
that would look nice.. add some lights in there..

um.. i have a little blue light strip on my amp ... am i cool too!!?? :D

lol... j/kin... nice box Nyte.

what's ur "whif" do w/ all that bass?

prolly does what my mom does... frantically push buttons till the sound goes away :D

Yukk
Acrylic sided bass boxess suxxor.......but thats just my opinion.
I put together many stereo systems for myself and friends and I preffer to go with better sound quality than to show off my base speaker.

Then again I wuv clear toppped amps...but they don't affect sound. ;)

No need to show off a speaker that doesnt look good. get a couple of these...now, THESE go in an acrylic box

balla.jpg

those are actually small compared to ones I have installed. The biggest I have touched yet is an Audiobahn 34 inch AWT34...5000wRMS...this thing was POWERFUL! It was powered by a USAmps 4000x.

magnets are misleading...
and so are amp ratings :)

neodymium magnets are smaller than thier ceramic, iron, etc counter parts....
so you can have a magnet of say 1/3 the size creating the same flux field

and magnetic flux fields make a big difference :eek:

you can tell if an amp is overrated by looking at fuse ratings, so generally by using the amperage rating on the fuse and multiplying it by 12-14(volatage), and taking a percentile of that(50-70% for class a/b and 70-90% for class D or T, approx) you can find out roughly what an amp is putting out....

fiberglass and MDF is the way to go when building boxes, and a layer of sound deadening to the inside walls can absorb standing waves, making the box "dead" as in it adds no coloration

poly-fill can make a box appear lager than it is, but not by much.....
maybe .2 cu/ft per pound or fill
1-1.5 pounds of polyfill per cu/ft of box displacement is a general rule of thumb

acoustics are quite funny:beer:

since we have the car audio experts in here :D

my trunk rattles w/ my two 12" mtx subs in an enclosed box. Together they get 300w @ 2ohms. Is it going to be worth it for me to get dynamat... since it costs so much.. or is there anything else i can stick up there?

FunkDaMonkMan said:
since we have the car audio experts in here :D

my trunk rattles w/ my two 12" mtx subs in an enclosed box. Together they get 300w @ 2ohms. Is it going to be worth it for me to get dynamat... since it costs so much.. or is there anything else i can stick up there?

theres silicone foam that doesnt; expand that you can put between the trunk skin and trunk braces....

but make sure it;s NON EXPANDING!!!

test it on a 2x4 or something to see if it does or not.....

or else you are going to have some bulges in your trunk :eh?:

then you can put a layer of sound deadening to keep the sound in the car..

sound that stays in car=louder system inside car ;)

so a thin layer of silicon foam.....

the thing is... if i sit on the trunk.. it like almost lifts up and down.. its krazy!

dynamat if probably the best... but silicon will stop the rattle right?

I dont know, if you use expanding foam right, it wont bulge the trunk, I have done it many times, especially on non-soleniod opening trunks. The bar that goes from the key to the latch ratteles alot...thats another thing to check.

KLowD9x said:
I dont know, if you use expanding foam right, it wont bulge the trunk, I have done it many times, especially on non-soleniod opening trunks. The bar that goes from the key to the latch ratteles alot...thats another thing to check.

well, i'd rather not let him take that chance, cuz then it;s my fault :p

look on your latch to see if there are any bolts that make the latch slide down, try tightening the trunk that way too

some trunks have adjustment pads too....

so basically, you are just adjusting everything so the trunk sits tighter

Back