• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nothing but problems with my chaintek gforce 200ti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harderclock

since i bought this card i have tried several operating systems and several different m\b's not to mention drivers i have tried just about all of them.i just reformatted-went from 98 to xp once again did all the right things after a clean install defragging,after each install in the correct order etc.and still i cant really get my card to perform to what i think its capable of for instance i have an xp 2200 on an epox 8k3a+ using the 2815 bios with 512 megs pc 2700 with all that i cant even complete a 3dmark 2001 at default i have to use 640 480 32 bit instead of compressed and d3d hardware t&l and get only 9683.but besides the benchmarking i get booted out of games most of the time before it starts.so before i get rid of this card does anyone have any ideas as to settings in bios or any settings in any program i could download to tweak the card.thanks for any and all advice in advance.

Firstly, ensure your motherboard drivers are up to date, along with the BIOS

With a clean OS install (to get rid of any lingering drivers), install a known good set of drivers (I'd recommend the 30.82's).

Keep the vid card a t stock speed, d/l Coolbits (or get nVHard from www.guru3d.com). nVHard will do resolution rate fixes, and activate Coolbits as well. Get your card set up before you start playing with clock speeds......

Back