• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lower 3dmark score after ocing??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ntpphong

at stockspeed i got 6200 from my card, i tried to push the ddr up to 700mhz and got only 5300.
i know 6200 is still a low score for the leadtek 250 ultra td, but my OS is kinda messed up right now. i got 7200 on my earlier test at stock speed.

your problem lies in the fact that the video card is about 2 generations ahead of the rest of your computer.

i think so..can't wait to get my xp 2400, i'm expecting a score not less than 12000

ntpphong said:
i think so..can't wait to get my xp 2400, i'm expecting a score not less than 12000
check my sig.

your 2400 is better than my 1.6a
your 4600 is better than my 4400

your 3dmark will be better than my 13,175.

just get some pc3000 or better please. for the sake of humanity :p

pc3000? wouldnt it be a waste for the asus a7v333 mobo since it would support up to 2700 only?
i bought XtremeDDr 512 CAS2 PC2700, should be a good one.

ntpphong said:
pc3000? wouldnt it be a waste for the asus a7v333 mobo since it would support up to 2700 only?
i bought XtremeDDr 512 CAS2 PC2700, should be a good one.
your board will run anything in the ddr spec. that includes pc3500 and whatever they come up with next.

pc2700 means it will run completely stable at 166mhz for the 166mhz fsb chips. pc2700 will run faster than that... thats just what its guaranteed to run.

my board said it is made for pc2100 ram. my pc3000 is doing just fine at 210mhz :D which is about pc3200 or better speeds.

Maxvla so does that means if we try to overclock our vid cards they will actually give lower 3d mark scores?? in my case its the system (i believe) which is holding back the card, so is it advisable to leave the clock at stock speed settings till we get ourselves a upgraded system and better ram?

depends on the system. even on a slower system a fast card overclocked should give a small increase in performance.

not sure why his didn't increase.

i think the pc2700ddr should do very fine, even if i overclock... 15*166 would still be 2400Mhz, and that would be a very good overclocking. I'm not looking for more since im on air cooling

FSB is everything my friend...if the price is almost the same with the 2700 and 3000, go for the 3000. Always leave yourself some headroom:D

Maxvla said:
depends on the system. even on a slower system a fast card overclocked should give a small increase in performance.

not sure why his didn't increase.

Running your card at the fastest VISIBLY stable setting doesn't mean it's not dropping frames. Artifacts are a great indication that you've pushed too far. What if you drop 150 frames per second every other second? It won't show on the screen, but the drop is there. For a card that normally does 200FPS, that's a 75% loss in FPS. There's your 3Dmark score drop. Big question is. Did you notice it visibly? Probably not, and that's why you're questioning your score.

ntpphong said:
i think the pc2700ddr should do very fine, even if i overclock... 15*166 would still be 2400Mhz, and that would be a very good overclocking. I'm not looking for more since im on air cooling
step 1: unlock tbred
step 2: jack up fsb over 200mhz
step 3: sit back and admire

:)

Just a guess, but could heat be the problem?
I'm not very experienced with video card oc, but it seems reasonable to check...

Back