• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer cant write to C:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

speedinsaxo

Registered
Was surfing the web and an error message "unable to write data to disc C" came up as the page was loading. Computer then froze and asked me to reboot. During reboot process error message searching for boot record came up on C and then on floppy drives.

Scandisk screen came up and wouldnt start. About 15 seconds later error message "creative SB 16 emulation driver not loading" came up and nothing more.

Switched off and on and same again. Any ideas?

You = F-ed.

It could've been a head crash, although I don't think the thing would work at *all* after that. I suppose you could try to format the thing and run scandisk on it, see if anything went bad...

that does sound like physical damage...seems to happen alot these days. What you may find is when you come to format it will do like 18% and then stop or something funky like that.

Does it make loud grinding noises or clunking noises sometimes when reading?

Back