• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

winDVD on second monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninthebin

I just tried having windvd playing a film (nin live :) ) on my second monitor, but it messes up when I drag the window over... it just goes black and even if I drag it back then the image never returns and I have to restart (its still going cos I can hear it)

how do I get it to display? :(

erm... Hmmm... I've seen something like this before, but it didn't concern me too much. All I did was swap the monitor's VGA connectors on the video card. Then it worked on #2, but not on #1. Sorry I'm not much more help.

I had the same prob!

Finally a question I think I can answer!

I bet you have an ATI Radeon card. Maybe, maybe not. I do and this was my problem. You need to turn on theater mode. Right click your background, then go to properties. Go to settings and click your #1 (has to be #1) Then click advanced.Then go to the "overlay" tab. There is a box that says theater mode. Check it. Hit ok a couple of times and give it a try. Works great for me. I have a 5" LCD screen I use on winamp, media player, and dvds (mainly for looks, I don't really use it much as text is almost impossible to read on the SOB). Let me know if this is right or wrong...

John

Back