• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey Hoot, I set up your Thermal probe trick!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PDL

I got one of those Enermax LCD/probe Thermal detectors along with a Taisol HSF.
This may help put to rest the talk of Asus Probe being 7 degrees off. I wanted to get things going quick so I used the thermal tape that came with the HSF and got it put together. Later, I'll remove it and use some thermal grease and note the differences.
As I am writing this the LCD is at 46.4c and is varying only by .1c, Asus Probe says 51c. A difference, but not 7 degrees. I had recently flashed back to Bios ver 1006 and I suspect the temps have gone up. I am going to do some more extensive testing and try to record all the data.
Also, I had to scale back on the OCing as it is getting hot here and I don't want to use the AC any more than is needed.
Am running 105 FSB and 9.0 multiplier on a Duron 700, A7V mainbd. Also set the voltage back to 1.70 from 1.85.

Glad it worked out for you. Get that pad off of there and you will realize a lot better temps. A syringe of AS is a must. There should be one in the clutter on every OC'ers workbench.

Back