• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor issues..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Revelation

Registered
Wasn't sure if I should post this here or in V/S card forum, but oh well.

I have a generic 17" monitor. I use it on my second PC. About a week ago, I was playing DAoC(Dark Age of Camelot) on it, at 800x600 resolution. All of a sudden, the monitor.. bugged out. It almost looked like degauzing (sp?), but afterwords, anything I run at 800x600 is stretched out and distorted. Every other res is fine.

I downloaded new vid card drivers, swapped cards, put the monitor on another PC, all to no avail. Could I have blown a tube or something? (I don't know much about monitors, pardon my idiocy.)

Any help is appreciated.

I'm afraid that i cant help you with your hardware probs- and it seems you have done all that you can at your end.

Is your monitor still in warrenty? if it is- you may as well try your luck and get it fixed/replaced.

Or you could try this, should you be willing to fiddle with the innards of your monitor.

http://www.overclockers.com/tips219/

There are quite a few articles here about cooling monitors- but this seems the cheapest and most easiest to do.

By the way- WELCOME TO THE FORUMS :)

Thanks for the reply, and the welcome.

I was afraid I hit a dead end. Unfortunately, the monitor is about 4 years old now, and any warranty has expired. No matter, I guess I'll just have to run everything higher than 800x600 on my old machine.

Good thing I have a nice 21" here for my main box :D

Back