• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking my soundblaster live!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I saw it coming due to the tool tip (is that right?) that pops up when you hold the mouse over a thread for a second.

Tipycol

LoL...I would of loved to see an overclocked sound card....can it even be done????

Jack up the PCI speed and you're good to go. Contrary to the apparently common belief here, this can actually improve performance when playing sounds and doing other processing at the same time... in games.

You can also tweak the PCI latency to have the card take up more or less request cycles. More is better for continuous processing, but it may degrade the performance of other PCI devices. Lower values are better for quick random accesses.

talking aobut overclocking soundcards... forget the overclocking, i managed to blow my live card without overclocking!

seal said:
talking aobut overclocking soundcards... forget the overclocking, i managed to blow my live card without overclocking!

Really? What'd you do to it? Did it actually blow up or was it just smoking?

Back