• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brojoh2

Registered
Having just gotten my 1.33ghz machine back up and on it's feet after losing it to melted water line leading to blown power supply, I'm looking at some of these temps and wonderin' . . . I know these pups run hot compared to my old 900mhz but would like to have some comparative feedback:

Idle temp: 33 - 35 C
Post 3D Mark 2001: 66 - 68 C (seems high to me)

I'm feeling a bit insecure about it all so I'm not running that machine too much until I can get some feedback. Also, just how tight, or close, should I be cranked down with my water jacket to the CPU? I'm using Arctic Silver - pretty meticulous about my application method.

Thanx for any assitance. 'Preciated

what mobo are you using. Those are extremely high temps, dangerous infact. What cooling do you have?

definately someting wrong with that. No way you should have such high temps with water cooling, William is right that it is pretty dangerous. As for the pressure to put them on it's hard to say. Most amd aproved heatsinks assert around 20lb of pressure but obviously it's hard to get this exact with a water cooler you will just have to use your own judgement. Are you sure that the flow isn't blocked anywhere and how are you cooling the water after it's run though the block?

William (Jun 15, 2001 05:05 p.m.):
what mobo are you using. Those are extremely high temps, dangerous infact. What cooling do you have?

mobo is abit kt7a-raid. i'm using becooling radiator and water block. One of the things that puzzles me is I had the same set-up before I upgraded my CPU and everything was golden. Oh, I did also upgrade the mobo from abit kt7-raid to kt7a-raid. I am wondering if I am cranked down on the proc. enough - how do you know when you've gone far enough without going too far? I'm using a setup that could definately allow going too far. Any help you might share is appreciated.

right now I am not too sure what is going on. I think maybe you either have some air leaking in, or you don't have that block mounted correctly. I asked mobo cause the Asus temps are god awful. Colin may have more ideas.

William (Jun 15, 2001 08:17 p.m.):
right now I am not too sure what is going on. I think maybe you either have some air leaking in, or you don't have that block mounted correctly. I asked mobo cause the Asus temps are god awful. Colin may have more ideas.

Hey Wiiliam,
thanx for the hand . . . turns out it was a combo of things but primarily my not dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's - I re-did the water jacket install and got serious about the alignment (it tended to slide off as I torqued) and the torque. That pup is golden now: 26 - 28 @ idle and 37 @ completion of 3DMark2001. Thanx for your feedback / help.

no problem, sounds like you have it all solved, good work!

Back