• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power supply question...Read for youself you shoul

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

equalizr

i dont understand this..i just got the Antec 550W power supply and the rails seem a bit low..even at everything default, no overclocking.

but when i push the fsb up to 160, max out memory timings, OC the vid card to hell and plug in all my fans the readings are exact same????? both bios and MBM read out the same voltages...they are within spec though.

3.3v=3.22, 5v=4.92, 12v=11.73

i thought when you OC, your voltages go down? no matter what i do to this thing, the voltages stay the same...
are there any worries of them being that low? it is completely stable right now

A good PSU should be rock stable and your voltages are within tolerance.

Anybody read the Tom's Hardware power supply review?

As much as I dispise Tom Pabst and his site, they actually did and OK job this time.

Paul.

No fluctuation is GOOD between idle and load. Check your voltages at the PSU with a multimeter for TRUE voltage values.

for the heck of it i added 2 more 80gig drives, a cd rom and another floppy drive i had lying around...voltages still remained the same...and running 3dmark looped and BURNIN at the same time was totally stable.

so as long as they are within the 5%, it doesnt matter if they read exactly 12v or 5v or 3.3v?

Doesnt matter if they read at zero as long as the system is stable. My sparkle does the same thing. Fluctuation is the killer so I wouldnt worry. Try the multimeter on a molex and see what those readings are. I think you will see good #'s

Back