• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

air tight?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peewee

does my reservoir need to be air tight?? right now it isint and everytime i shut down all the water flows back into the reservoir and when i turn it back on again i get a ton of air bubbles everytime, maybe this explains high temps????

yes, if you are getting air like that coming into the resevoir, you either have a leak or am sucking up air from your resevoir. You need to fish that out, that is certainly why your temps have been so high.

William (Jun 15, 2001 08:35 p.m.):
yes, if you are getting air like that coming into the resevoir, you either have a leak or am sucking up air from your resevoir. You need to fish that out, that is certainly why your temps have been so high.

but like i said when i turn off the pump all the water flows back into the res and when i turn it back on i'm back with air bubbles.... how are air bubbles getting in if the pump is submerged??? here is what my tank looks like, i know its not air tight....

your connector could be letting in air. Also, it looks like one of the valves actually sits a little above the water.

peewee (Jun 15, 2001 09:03 p.m.):
but like i said when i turn off the pump all the water flows back into the res and when i turn it back on i'm back with air bubbles.... how are air bubbles getting in if the pump is submerged??? here is what my tank looks like, i know its not air tight....

Looks to me from the picture that your return to the resevoir is just a barb at the top, above the water line. You should have that return under water...consider submerging your return hose. In my system i have a tumperware container with a 3/8" barbed elbow at at the bottom (about an inch from the bottom) for the return while my container is about 4 inches deep. When I pump the water into your system for the first time, the water line will drop considerably, and I always make sure i fill it up my resevoir as the air from my system is replaced with H20. with everything full, i seal my container. When it comes time to turn it off, what little air is trapped at the top of my resevoir is well above my return hose and pump, so the air cannot inflitrate the system.

William (Jun 16, 2001 01:15 a.m.):
your connector could be letting in air. Also, it looks like one of the valves actually sits a little above the water.

well it is above the waterline, i just fixed that tho and haave air bubbles still, actually i have big air pockets and it makes the water flow look like a little waterfall in the hose, i cant seen to get those bubbles out tho, anyone else had this problem and fixed it? i did knotice when i turn the pump off the water returns up the hose a little bit, is that ok?? before it used to return all the way from the block! i wish these watercooling systems came with detailed instuctions for newbies like me, my temps went down 2c now.. now im at 40c at 1.59ghz i guess thats now bad, i have a pelt on the way to make those temps go down more, it like 27c in my house all the time so i should be alright with a pelt and some insulation...
thanks for the help william..

Back