• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Backdoor (Win2k/XP)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
willlangford said:
Is there some kind of admin login backdoor??

~Will

I have to ask what the circumstances are because that information in any forum would attract the wrong type of folks?

Are you trying to regain control of a pc that a son or daughter has mistakenly lost the pw to or what?

ok...here is what happened. we are setting up a lab at school and we were typing the admin passwords my hand...and i miss typed it. so is there a backdoor login so i can change the password.

thanks,

also please pm a replay.

~Will

If they are connected to a domain, you can use one of the domain admin's logons to force the change of the password (goto control panel/users & passwords, select the local administrator, and click "set password")

Other than that, guess... I've done that a few times, and I've always been able to recover it... just try different keys around the password keys.. you probably just missed one key)

...we just installed so nothing is configured...

Just re-install win2k. You can then set a new admin password. Since you just installed and nothing isn't configured, this should not be much work.

Back