• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the ABIT IT7 Max2 V.2 worth to buy it???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hipro5

Is the ABIT IT7 Max2 V.2 worth to buy it???

I know I should "put" this thread at Abit Mobos but I do care about the Overclocabillity of this Mobo....

What are it's specifications???.....Is it good???......Vmem? AGP Voltage? VCore?

Does it has 3:4 mem divider?

Please post coz I'm about to buy it so I just want to know : DOES IT WORTH IT???

Thanks.....

I agree,

it looks like I'm going to use the p4pe in my friends new rig.

asus has done you good before, why not now?

mica

P.S. he can't wait for dDDR eather.

They didn't mention it, guess not. It will be silly not to put it on while it has that function since the new technology always being used to attract more customers.

It accualy has the 845PE on it but I want to know the Overclockability of it.....

P.S. I want it for home use.....

I LOVE my IT7 Max 2.

It's stable, fast and has all the features I need
- supports up to 12 IDE devices
- ability to lock PCI and AGP bus speeds
- all the ram configuration you need
- independent overclocking of the cpu if so desired
- good onboard hardware (LAN, sound, USB 2, Firewire)

My system is fast as hell and stable.

My Mem bandwidth in Sandra is around 3300

Dual DDR will have to mature seriously before i give this one up...

VCore to 1.70

VMem to 2.7

No AGP voltage (don't need it, because I keep it locked).

Mem can be set to 3:4 (see my sig...DDR running at 444 MHz)

hipro5,

Dont hold me to it, but I would guess with a modded bios you can get 2.9 for the vrimm. The vcore is easy to over come with defogger pain-pin mod. It will probally have the 3:4 ratio with the agp/pci locks. I personally do not have any experience with the IT72 rev2 board only my IT7 original. If the new board is anything like this board I would highly recomend it. PhantomPunisher has taken over for Mr. Natural so to speak for modding Abit Bios. Go over to the abit motherboard forums and check there, you are bound to find more info there. I am holding out to build a new machine until I can get my hands on a 2.26 c1 stepping and an Abit GB mother board for it. Im going to pick up either a prometia or a vapochill case around Decemeber. I am waiting on the results on the reveiw of the new vapochill case before I decide which one to go with. This may sound silly, but I am not so much concerned about hitting 3GHz as I am with getting the highest fsb that I can get. To me memory bandwidth is key. I have also had a BD7II-R. It was a decent board for me until it died on me. If I were to compare the BD7 to the IT7 it would be like comparing a Camaro to a Mercedes. They are both fast, but the IT7 gives you every little bell and whistle.

Good luck.

Buzzdog

Back