• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to remove fan from dell 4100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

i ahve a dell 4100 and my 92 mm fan is dyin so i bought a thermoflow to replace it :) its a lot quieter but right now im running the fan just without bein in the duct.. i cant get the old fan outa the duct housing :| anyone kno how to do this ?

max

yeah.. but my fan was dying from dust n such.. i oiled it twice already but still kept goin out.. u kno what i could clean it with? its like inside its thick with oil/dust mixture.

Lt. Max, it's probably not worth the time and effort to clean that old fan. It's most probably a sleeve bearing fan and the impregnated oil in the sleeve is used up, so that even if you do take it apart and clean and oil it, the fresh oil will most probably be used up/leaked out in a short while and you will have the same problem again. Just chunk it and get another fan the next time you make an order for something if you want to keep a spare around.

Back