• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual 666Mhz Xeon help needed..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Answer was already there. Intel's are multiplier locked so they can't be changed by any means. If the only FSB options you have are 100 and 133MHz then that's all you can do with the BIOS.

I don't know of any software FSB utilities that are compatible with slot 2 boards either so I'd say you're stuck with what you have. Xeon platforms just weren't made with any overclocking abilities in mind.

I have an Intel L440GX+ motherboard and strangely enough, softfsb does work with it. I was able to pump it up to 105FSB and get my 700mhz Xeons to 733.

It's all about the clock generator chip.

Damn didn't think SoftFSB would support the clockgen on a GX board. My Supermicro S2GDE has options for 103 and 112 above the normal 100. 112 is a no go, so something in the middle would be nice. Next time I open the case up I'll have to see what clockgen I have :)

Nope you are incorrect. Utilities like SoftFSB communicate directly to the clockgen. Sometimes the clockgen will support more FSBs than are available in the BIOS.

I have messed with CPUFSB and SoftFSB on my sisters compaq with a celron 500, 66mhz FSB....I get it like to 72mhz FSB which is all the clock gen supports I belive...

And there is absolutely nothing in the BIOS about FSB or any clock for that matter except the timer...:rolleyes:
As said it just depends on the clockgen chip and wether or not CPUFSB or softFSB supprt it...not the BIOs....

Zarathustra said:
Nope you are incorrect. Utilities like SoftFSB communicate directly to the clockgen. Sometimes the clockgen will support more FSBs than are available in the BIOS.

? I have never seen that on any board that I´ve had.

SoftFSB and the other O/C software programs allow you to do other settings that are not found in the BIOS. My Epox goes upto 200fsb but the ICS ship can do 220mhz so I can set it above 200mhz with CPUfsb

Back