• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7v8x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avalanche

im looking at getting the fully loaded one from newegg...$145, my question is can i run both hds and a cd drive on it? i read in the other thread that the guy couldnt run his second cd drive...if i want to use all of my drives...will i have enough ide slots? kinda dumb question...but i didnt know, so i asked =]

Yeah, you should have no problems. I've never heard of a board only being able to run only 2 drives, considering you can run 2 drives per IDE chain.

His other CDROM might not have liked the serial ATA that the board comes with, but most (if not all) new drives are OK with it.

i also plan to get 2 256 chips of 3200 XMS Corsair...so itll just run it at 333 right?

Yeah... It'll run at a maximum of 333 Mhz. But if you raise the FSB it will force the memory to go higher...

Back