• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with seti???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cuper

Well,

I don't know what to try anymore?? I had Driver running on a win 98 system and it all of a sudden started to have problems with getting units and was asking me for my email to get units. I tried un and reinstalling the software with no luck?? When the Dos screen comes up it disapears and then nothing?? So I just tried to shut down windows and it said that I have to close winold app so I said ok. It closed then the same think came up??? I selected cancel and pushed Cntl alt del and there are around 20 winold apps running??

I am going to close all of them and restart the computer but does anyone know what might have happened??

Thanks

Brad

ok, got it going. Looks like it needed to be restarted which couldn't be done by trying to shutdown the apps just had to hit restet and presto works again:)

I have seen the same problem in my work PC. Seems that SETIDriver has a slightly problem when it is filling a cache and you click into the "Stop Transmitting" button. What I have seen is that it will close the clc instance that is downloading a WU at that moment but opens the following instance so it fill the next cache folder.....and so on for each and every one of the empty cache folders. The only way that I have corrected this is using Crt+Alt+Del and then click into each of the WinOldApp and use "Finish Task" for each and every one of them .....appart from using the Reset button or the three finger salute twice :D

ya, that is what I had to do on another computer after I fixed this one. The problem was that there were 30+ instances of winoldapp ?sp? running and it wouldn't let me shutdown them individually:(

I can stop them indivually, you just go the CLose progam window (Crt+Alt+Del once) and the choose the WinOldApp, left click it, then click the close program button and wait for 10 to 20 seconds for the Closing Program windows to appear. In that window their is another set of buttons and you need to click the close program on.....after doing this several times I think that the best solution was save all the work in the other windows and then use the three finger salute twice to reboot the system :D

the close program wasn't working for me??? I just decided to do the three finger salute to restart.:)

Back