• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600+ on Pricewatch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I cant believe some of the outright blant misrepresentation - Spartan Technologies according to this link claims the cpu is a 333FSB! That said the consensus of the majority of the retailers is that the chips will be available around the middle of November - a bit earlier than expected!

One of the sites listed there said they would be getting it 11/15. Its probably a safe bet that nobody will have it for a couple of weeks.

It is a 333FSB! The new Thoroughbred "B" revision. It boasts a 4MM larger die size than revision "A". 2400+ and up CPU's are now manufactured this way, however you may not get one at this range because they have both A's and B's floating around out there. The 2700+ and 2800+ are suppose to come 333FSB. From what I gathered some of the 2600+ will come 333 as well, again until the old ones are bought its a crap shoot unless you go with the 2700 or 2800. CYA!

You may be right, but here is a quote from this months Maximum PC: The two chips look almost exactly the same. The B version is imperceptibly taller than the A version, and AMD says it will be difficult to determine which is which. So if you want a B version, you must buy either a 2400+ or faster CPU, or wait long enough for all the A versions to sell out. The B version is the 333FSB CPU.

ElroyCarbon said:
You may be right, but here is a quote from this months Maximum PC: The two chips look almost exactly the same. The B version is imperceptibly taller than the A version, and AMD says it will be difficult to determine which is which. So if you want a B version, you must buy either a 2400+ or faster CPU, or wait long enough for all the A versions to sell out. The B version is the 333FSB CPU.

So are you saying that the 2600 will come in both A and B versions? And that the B version will be at 166FSB? Just trying to understand.

Thanks

Tipycol

Tipycol said:

So are you saying that the 2600 will come in both A and B versions? And that the B version will be at 166FSB? Just trying to understand.

Thanks

Tipycol
sounds like what hes saying, i dont know if that is correct tnough.:confused:

ElroyCarbon said:
It is a 333FSB! The new Thoroughbred "B" revision. It boasts a 4MM larger die size than revision "A". 2400+ and up CPU's are now manufactured this way, however you may not get one at this range because they have both A's and B's floating around out there. The 2700+ and 2800+ are suppose to come 333FSB. From what I gathered some of the 2600+ will come 333 as well, again until the old ones are bought its a crap shoot unless you go with the 2700 or 2800. CYA!

Actually this is not entirely true whilst the TBred B cpu will have a larger die area and will have 9 layers as opposed to the A's 8 layers it will be available in both 266 and 333 FSB not just 333. The 2600+ will be at 266FSB.
http://216.239.39.120/translate_c?h..._thoroughbred/index2.php&prev=/language_tools

Warehouse said:
sounds like what hes saying, i dont know if that is correct tnough.:confused:

I don't think it's right either, plus at this article, they list that the 333MHz fsb would start at 2700+ and not 2600+. Just because it's Rev B, doesn't mean it's going to be 166FSB, and besides, all of the 2400+ are Rev B T-Breds. Why would they then take the 2600+ which is just being found at places now (where the 2400+ has been out for 3 weeks), and use a Rev A core? It just doesn't make sense, at least to me.

Kunaak said:
why not just go to AMD.com and look for yourself.
its right there, in thier words.... 266.

LOL...we're both wrong and he's right (at least about the fsb part, I still think all 2600+ are Rev B :))
AMD.

SirLaw11 said:
Okay let's settle this straight, AMD will release AthlonXP 2600 in 2 flavors mainly the 266 and 333. I know that you want some proof guys so here it is, a link taken directly from AMD website proving that AthlonXP 2600 will have two version one is 266 and the other one is 333. enjoy =)

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_869_4348^4351,00.html

Yea I already listed that article on my last post (sorry if it couldn't be seen). Still I would like to know if they plan on making Tbred A's 2600+ or not.

Back