• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700+ Thoroughbred????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If it's true then it's about time :), thought I don't know why the non-Tbred and Tbred cost the same

Originally posted by Fever
There are TBs starting from XP1600. You just gotta find them. :)

AMD is starting the XP T-bred from 1700+, not 1600+. They stated that it would be "considered" too slow by the time the revised 1700 came out :(

Tipycol said:
If it's true then it's about time :), thought I don't know why the non-Tbred and Tbred cost the same

AMD is starting the XP T-bred from 1700+, not 1600+. They stated that it would be "considered" too slow by the time the revised 1700 came out :(

They should be cheaper because the die is smaller!! lol:beer:

Do you think they are CPU’s that can’t cut it at higher megahertz?

Considering the fact that AMD had very low yields in the first batches of thoroughbreds they probably have thousands that did not make the cut.

Tipycol said:

No, they start at 1600. One of the forum members here (Starfox) has a 1600+ TB. :D

Fever said:

No, they start at 1600. One of the forum members here (Starfox) has a 1600+ TB. :D

Well, maybe he got a special exception, because I remember reading from many articles that the T-breds would not include the 1600+ due to AMD thinking it would be "obsolete".

Meh, I dunno Tipycol. :confused:

If I remember correctly, he hit 2.0GHz with it. I don't remember if he was using watercooling or not, though. I'll try to dig up the thread.

Thanks!

I have an abit KT7A . It says on one abit site it will handle a Thoroughbred up to 2000+ but on others it only says 0.18 micron process Palomino up to 2100+

I want one last cpu upgrade on this board and would love to put a thoroughbred in it but I am hesitant.

No problem man. :) That's a good board. I'm (99%) sure that with the latest BIOS it would be able to support atleast up to 2200+ TB, if not 2400+. You should hit the Abit board and find out. :)

That guys Tbred is running hot hot hot. I guess I would need to get a copper heatsink.
I have a GW WBK38 that I took the fan off because it drove me up the wall and stuck a 4500 rpm job om it. Do you know a good heatsink fan combo that doesn’t sound like a 747 in flight?

I have just the solution for you. :) Alhpha PAL 8045 is known to be the best performing HS weak fans. I have one, coupled with a 40CFM Sunon 34DB fan and my CPU temp is 43c with my XP1600 @ 1.8 GHz with 1.85 volts. :) I think the AX7 is also a good heatsink with quiet fans.

Did you buy the Alpha PAL 8045 in Montreal? If so where and how much? What kind of fan does it come with? RPM CFM

No, I ordered it from NCIX.com. It doesn't come with a fan, but they included a 40CFM Sunon that runs at about 3200 RPM. ncix.com is a Canadian site based in Vancouver. It took about 4 days I think to get here. :)

Back