• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD mobile...only stationary

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

These chips are socket A correct? Anyone ever unlock one and see what they can do? There meant to run either cool or at low voltages (I'm just guessing there but it's a pretty good guess). Would be interesting to see, also if someones really into quiet systems you might be able to get away with a very small cfm fan, or if you got a big enough HS passive cooling?

Their stock voltage is at 1.55V, and I think StarFox got his xp1600Tbred to 2GHz, but he doesn't have the chip anymore.

hmmm only 2 ghz? that's a really good OC but agioas are getting 1.9 consistlently...oh well, still good if youw atn soething quiet

Tebore said:
I thought the palo Mobile chips just have half the L2 cache disabled to save power.

I don't know about that, but they do use power now technology, which throtles CPU speed.

Tebore said:
I thought the palo Mobile chips just have half the L2 cache disabled to save power.

It LOOKS LIKE the mobile athalons over at newegg are T-breds, NOT paliminos .... looks like full cache, just lower power

This is from another thread but will answer most questions about mobile Tbreds.

Palimino mobiles are called mobile athlon 4.
Tbred mobiles are called mobile athlon xps.

All the lower speed Tbreds are 266fsb even the mobiles.
The mobile xps work in normal desktop motherboards if it supports tbreds.
They come factory unlocked all the way.
They perform the same as desktop XP Tbreds.
They use less power cause they run at lower vcores then desktop XP Tbreds(lower wattage does not mean they dont perform as good).
A 45watt mobile runs a 1.55 vcore(which is exactly what newegg is selling so if you up the vcore to a palamino vcore it would run the same wattage).
They overclock extremly well.
They are still Revision A.
Powernow features do not kick in when a mobile chip is in a desktop system.
Mobile xps are very high yield chips(think about it if the have to run lower vcores at same speed they have to be higher yields than desktop counterparts).

Hope that helps out ohh buy the way Im the guy with the mobile xp1900 TBred and it does 2.2mhz(12.5x172)at 1.80 volts on air with an alpha8045 and 38cfm delta fan with temps 32c idle and 43c load. I also get 14444 3dmarks with a ti4200 so that should tell you they perform the same as a destop cpu.

Also starfoxx has a mobile xp1600 TBred and it does almost 2.2 watercooled.
:burn:

Yeah powernow features need motherboard support, but I have heard that speedstep features can be worked by software on an SMBus board. Meaning you might possibly be able to switch multis from a windows program. Don't know if anyone has programmed one yet though.

Road Warrior

yup, that's right! i still got it, but am trading it as of now. it was a great chip and ran stock at 1.5vcore.

i could get mine to do 2.14 on water

sisfotARGH.JPG

and 2 ghz on air recently

tbredAIR.JPG

here is the steppinga nd stuff

sfoxtbred2.JPG

air = ax-7 + 52CFM Custom UV Fan + AS3

water = dtel spiral + dtek heatercore + via aqua 1300

hope this helps

EDIT: wanted to add, my XP came....FULLY UNLOCKED

Starfoxer said:

EDIT: wanted to add, my XP came....FULLY UNLOCKED

Well, more of these chips can be had now at newegg.

Starfoxer,

Just to check, you could get lower and higher mults with no bridge work, right? What motherboard and chipset???

Thanks

yup, that's right. 8k3a+, KT333

it's officially gone for a 2100+ tbred

Starfoxer said:
yup, that's right. 8k3a+, KT333

it's officially gone for a 2100+ tbred

Cool. Please let us know if the 2100+ is unlocked by your board, or if you have to do the L3 trick.

Thanks,

anyone with 350 bucks and a strong will to set the world record for a XP overclock? The mobile 2000+ chip I bet would be the one to do it. If all the mobile chips are bin sorted (which they probably are) the 2000+ would be the best of the best...maybe even been the 2700+? any brave souls with LN or phase change?...oh and 350 bucks....

ATC9001 said:
anyone with 350 bucks and a strong will to set the world record for a XP overclock? The mobile 2000+ chip I bet would be the one to do it. If all the mobile chips are bin sorted (which they probably are) the 2000+ would be the best of the best...maybe even been the 2700+? any brave souls with LN or phase change?...oh and 350 bucks....

dribblige......

Back