• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this PSU enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FleshEating Bob

Will a 400w Sparkle PSU be enough for the dual proc game server I'm building? I know 500+ is usually reccomended for dualies, but it'll just be a game server, not having a power-hungry vid card, etc. , so I'm hoping I can get by with a cheaper PSU.

It will most likely be sufficcent even though more power is usually recommended. The dually in my sig uses an Antec 480.

pretty darn good chance

You are correct in noting that the graphics card is one of the big draws in the modern PC. The 350W sparkle is a beast, providing 450W actual total output. I haven't used the 400W model yet but the chances are that it will do 500W in reality and serve well for the job you have in mind. There is also a 460W FSP (Sparkle) available for directron, but I think the 400W model is a safe bet for your application.

Back