• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8K3A+ newest bios 2a25

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i haven't done any testing yet. I have been running it for more then 24 hours now. I like it running really stable here no lock ups yet so far i used 2912 with all same settings and had a few lock ups in games so far with this bios i have had none. I don't know what has been changed not sure if cpu fast decode is enabled with this bios but i like it so far im gonna keep it.

mmk, well i attempted to flash the bios, but when i hit ALT-F2, it said "PLEASE WAIT!" and didnt stop saying that...i never could get it to work, it did it for like an hour and a half straight..so i say screw it

Just flashed mine to 2a25. It didn't like my hdds being on the RAID channels so I had to move them to the regular IDE channels. Everything works fine so far.

~THT

RangerJoe said:
mmk, well i attempted to flash the bios, but when i hit ALT-F2, it said "PLEASE WAIT!" and didnt stop saying that...i never could get it to work, it did it for like an hour and a half straight..so i say screw it
I had the exact same problem.

Here we Go 2B01 just flashed to an even newer Bios :p get it here.

http://www.epox.org/bios/#biosimagefiles

1.) Added AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+, 2700+, 2800+(FSB333) CPU support.
2.) System hang when in 'setup is starting Windows 2000' screen when install windows 2000 and use ASUS v8420 + Promise TX2000 + Tekram DC395U.
3.) Turn off KB led after Power OFF.
4.) Fix fan sensor to make system crash issue if the FAN speed result overflow.
5.) Update AWDFLASH.EXE version to V8.22A.
6.) Update Adapt ROM for support High Point 372N.

flashing bios and 8k3a2b01.bin

if the Alt-F2 method doesn't work, make a bootable floppy (my computer, right click floppy>format>make bootable floppy).

then just add the awdflash.exe, the bin file, set your 'puter to boot to floppy, and proceed on. i do the dir at the a prompt just to make sure i get the bin file written down and input correctly.

i still stick to this method, works everytime, i have flashed 100's of times and, knock on wood, i have NEVER had a bad flash doing it this way, and i even do it with my systems clocked to the max.

if you system is not taking to a bios flash, then either you have the wrong bios or a corrupt floppy/bin file.

BTW, i am using the new 11/5/02 bios, just posted @Epox, it is now an official bios, similiar to the 2912 and 2925. it is called the 8k3a2b01.bin and is available at Epox NL, you have to look for it, they didn't make it real easy to find.

has all the features of the beta bios's.

happy bios hunting.

baldy:cool:

The F2 method always works fine just download the bios off of the epox site extract the files to a floppy then delete the bin file and move the bin file that you are going to flash on that floppy restart hit alt and F2 at the same time and Whola that is the easiest and the fastest way to flash.

Temp readings went up after flash ?

I just Flashed my Mobo tonight with the new Bios from Epox and so far I have had no probs. But my Core Voltage is the same as before ect ect but my temp readings went way up ?

Was 40c - 43c Underload.
Now 55c or so.

Strange, anyone notice this or is it just me ? When I booted to flash the board I was at 39c and right after flashing and rebooting and re setting my bios settings back to what I had and saved, when the post info can up I noticed a big jump in temp readings.

Back