• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7VZA Overlocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fiacyberz

How can i overlock my Duron?

On the Board are no jumpers.
I only can change the FSB, but then the system is very instabil.

Any other ideas?

i tried 113 mhx, but then the system turned off within 5min
and if i try 105mhx it turns down in 30min

?
i dont understand...

i couldn't go over 113mhx, if i did, the system shut down immediatly

Look at your temps, I had a 700 duron at 1000 mhz no problem. Make sure you have good cooling, my duron o/c'ed put out the same heat as my xp o/c'ed. But 1000 mhz was pushing the duron.

my cooling is good
but i can't be the problem, cause i can't go ver 856mhx with the 800er

the must be another problem :-(

Just a thought, but what are your volts?

I had to put my volts to 1.85v to get the o/c to 1000 mhz.

And if you dont have sandra then get it it will help you monitor the o/c, temps, volts, etc.

sandra here

yes, i didn't change them, cause i don't know to which value ic should change them

can i see in this program which volts i need?
ich think i dont want to go over 950

Well it is a hit and miss thing with the volts. I just cranked them up and got 1000 mhz, it depends on your cpu speed. If all you want is 950 then I would start with 1.70v first if it not stable then up it to 1.75v. And program just lets you see what you have, it does not tell you how or how high. It tells you based on the cpu that it will run as high as but I made mine run faster than it said, same with the volt it said 1.75v I hit 1.85v no prob.

Tom's Hardware had some good articles on the duron and athlon cpu's.
AMD OverClocking

This is what started me off on the road to o/c my duron and I used an ASUS A7V for years with the duron before my K7S5A.

Hope this will help...

i can't change the voltage
there are no jumpers and no options in the bios :-(

no there isnt you need to modify the motherboard. BIG-O-2 should have told you.

anayway you keep telling us your temps are ok but your not telling us what they are. why not? how do you know they are ok?

Use the web article and a #2 pencil to change the volts, it talks about this on Tom's Website. Pencil works fine on Durons.

To up the volts you will have to change the L7 bridges.

Sorry I didnt know you didn't know this.

Well if you need anything else just ask.

Back