• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Degaussing...LIGHT??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KLowD9x

I have the flourescent desklamp that uses a pretty powerful transformer in the base. I noticed that when I turned it on near my monitor, it did the same thing as a desgausing wand. My monitor is pretty old, and on the top of the screen, the colors are tearing apart. After having my lamp beside it for a while, the side where the lamp was, was clear :eek: !! So, I turned on the lamp, and held the base near the screen for a few seconds at a time, going up and down on the screen. Now, its not completly fixed, but it looks ALOT better!:beer:

The ballest takes 120 and converts it to something nuts, so in a magnetic or electric ballest there is still mangetizm, but its constantly steady

This one isnt exactly steady, I got the lamp for like 5 dollars :cool:. It makes a very strong alternating field. So, I guess it was like a dagaussing wand.

Back