• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

yoshis mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

two_dope2000

Where can i find some pictures of yoshis famed mod? ive never seen the damn thing and thats all everyone talks about, lol.

It's too hack-and-slash in my opinion and lacks any creative finesse. My favorite mods all involve utilitarian beauty. Not Frankensteinian impracticality.

Last edited:
THAT is what all the fuss is about...props to them for jamming all that in there, but i was expecting like a big fiberglass yoshi with cables commin out his butt or something. I am very dissapointed, i liked the image in my head better. :(:mad:

I agree that it is very hack and slash. I would have at least prettied up the case...

I watch The Screen Savers all the time and if I remember right, he has painted it in silver since those photos were taken. I like the idea of less space being taken up by all of these systems. You should see my living room!;)

Captain Slug said:
It too hack-and-slash in my opinion and lacks any creative finesse. My favorite mods all involve utilitarian beauty. Not Frankensteinian impracticality.

yeah i can't say it's pretty or anything, but its not completely downright ugly either. and i think it is the MOST practical to date that i have seen, i mean all those gaming units in one, just take it anywhere and you have everything...

As soonas i come across an 8-bit nintendo or can get my hands on an x-box or ps2 or any gaming console at that. lol. im gunna attepmt to do my version of yoshis mod.

For those who aren't big "Screen Savers" Fans, Yoshi is one of their producers, not a green dino from the mario series. . with wires coming out of his. . . BUTT

knif_00 said:
For those who aren't big "Screen Savers" Fans, Yoshi is one of their producers, not a green dino from the mario series. . with wires coming out of his. . . BUTT

lol...the name was yoshi, so i assumed it was the green bouncing dino...

LOL, he might have something going into his butt, but thats another story. I am going to do somehting simalar, except include my genesis in it!

This is the first time I've actually looked at the thing. I must say, I'm not terribly impressed. Most of his cuts were off/crooked, and it's not really pleasing to look at.

Biggup to him for managing to squeeze 5 consoles in there, but overall i'm not terribly impressed. I don't know what the fuss is about.

i totally agree i give him props for doin' it but thats about it personally i consider that a waste imeen comon its a lian li pc76 for christ sake a $300 case and is looks like crap not to mention the screen savers addiction to thermaltake im wholeheartedly dissapointed.... and to think alot of people consider this to be a "professional mod" wouldnt it be cool if project macro black or some of the better case mods got on tv then i would be inpressed everyone would realise that yoshi's ideas are totally unoriginal... did anyone see that antec case he butchered so he could add an lcd???? hehe ok im done [/rant]

you guys are on crack.
that mod is so nice its not even funny.
it looks really nice, a lot of thught went into placement and everything.
even just the concept itself is awesome, and it was implemented very well.

its definitely nicer than 99% of the case mods i see here. (not to say that they are bad, a lot are good, but yoshi's is just insanely better)

Oni said:
I don't know what the fuss is about.

Me either. I bet it gets terrible temps and I don't think it even outputs to one video source. Most of those systems work alot better in Emulation anyways.

I'm not sure why anyone would consider this a great mod. It lacks creative flair and really can't be compared to the mods that are actually functional, unique, or beautiful.

Don't get me wrong. It's an interesting concept, but he could've executed it better. Like I stated before, his cuts are messy and crooked. Has he never heard of a ruler, or waterjet?

The thing that bothers me the most about the mod (beyond the fact that he put an Atari 2600 and an NES in it) is the GC. I mean, he ripped apart every other system, why not that? I mean, he just cut a hole in the top to open it. He could've taken it apart and seen if he could've used a real CD-ROM interface for it, which would've been hella cool. He could've done the same for the other systems, too. The PS2 and the Xbox would've been easier to do this with, too, considering they only use standard PC DVD-ROM drives.

Back