• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats a good choice for new Keyboard and mouse??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

I am using this old I dunno what it is someting Scorpius keyboard and basic corded Logitech mouse, it works great but I need it for a second rig I am gonna build in time soon as I move into my new house

what would be a good new keyboard mouse combo to get, I like to game and would like to lose the cord if possible but maintain the accuracy of what I have now at a decent price

cisco kid

My Logitech MX700 mouse is cordless and very accurate. A bit spendy, but really nice to use.

I still don't understand the fascination with wireless mice since they introduce all kinds of annoying problems.

I recommend the comfiest mouse ever. The IBM Optical Navigator.
11098996frA.jpg

Last edited:
Captain Slug is right. Get an optical mouse. Almost any brand will do. Even the evil M$ optical mouse is good.

OPTICAL MOUSE, OPTICAL MOUSE, OPTICAL MOUSE, OPTICAL MOUSE, OPTICAL MOUSE,OPTICAL MOUSE, OPTICAL MOUSE,OPTICAL MOUSE, OPTICAL MOUSE, OPTICAL MOUSE, OPTICAL MOUSE, OPTICAL MOUSE, OPTICAL MOUSE, OPTICAL MOUSE, OPTICAL MOUSE, OPTICAL MOUSE, OPTICAL MOUSE, OPTICAL MOUSE,OPTICAL MOUSE, OPTICAL MOUSE, OPTICAL MOUSE, OPTICAL MOUSE...can't say that enough, it's like going from dial-up to DSL/Cable, trust me...

Get an MX300 or MX500 optical.

Its like going from 768/128 DSL to 1500/256 !

Those 2 do have cords, unlike the MX700, but they is a bit
cheaper, and then you dont have to worry about any lag
or other problems with the wireless thing.

For keyboards so far the one I find the most comfortable to type on is the microsoft internet professional. The MS intellimouse explorer 3.0 is the mouse I am using now and I like it alot. Its a bit smaller than the original which I found to be MUCH too large.

Oh and I gotta agree I don't understand the fascination with cordless. Thats one of those things you spend money on saying oh yeah I plan to do all kinds of work sitting on the couch or something and you end up pumping money into batteries for a couple years for something you used on the couch twice.

the last thing you want is to be ithe middle f a game and the batteries start going down. Cordless mice are garbage. You spend more at the store for the "freedom" and end up spending tons of money on batteries. how often do you get farther than a few feet from the comp while playing a game or surfing the web or typing. not often enough to warrant a cordless. but if you MUST have one try and find one that does not require line of sight for the ir.

Oh yeah, since my batteries run out once every two months(keyboard is more like 4), it's a real bother for me while I'm gaming :rolleyes: The only reason I have a cordless is because the way my desk is, my keyboard wire always hit my legs and my mouse wire was always in the way. Either too much of it was hanging off the edge and would pull the mouse when I let go or I had to have a lot of the cord up on the desk.

and the fortune you spend on batteries can be saved by going rechargeable if you don't like splurging $1 ever few months for some batteries.

If your looking for wireless, logitech has a really sweet looking cordless combo. Its the black freedom optical bundle, with the black keyboard and mouse. The mouse is optical, and both are wireless. I've never used one, but did consdier buying one. You can find the combo for about 80 bucks, which isn't all that bad.

If you're going corded, I tend to like Logitech keyboards. But, that might be something where you go to your local bestbuy, punch some keys on their display models, and see what you like best.

Same goes for mice...find one that fits nice, most likely unless you are an extreme gamer, you won't see much difference if you buy a decent optical mouse. I recently bought a black MS Intellimouse optical 1.1a for my laptop...I think its a great mouse and was only 17 bucks. Looks nice, and is very accurate.

I think the key though is to just go somehwere where you can try a few out and see what fits you best. With mice, as long as you pick out a decent one, you should be fine in terms of accuracy.

Then again, I've yet to use the new MX series from Logitech...who knows, it may be great, but I'll admit the only time a mouse really made an impact on me was my first optical...

Mike

kb + mouse

Logitech.

Cordless Freedom. Or even corded freedom. They have the same basic keyboard and its the best I've ever used. the cordless optical mouse is nice, but kinda heavy compared to simple logitech optical mice. The cordless mouse also eats a couple of AA batteries every 3 or 4 months unless you remember to pull them out when not in use.

Thanks guys I will go with optical corded mouse buy logitech and maybe a cordless keyboard

cisco kid

I second the IBM mouse with the blue scroll wheel... I added 4 blue LED's in mine and its WONDERFUL...

bottom line IMO when it comes to M & K, go with what looks best in your eyes and try to stick to a brand we've all heard of...

good luck!

If you play FPS games, and think you are good at all, you
HAVE to test out the MX series. Make sure you got the right
drivers installed. (But NOT the logitech Mouseware crap....)

This 40 buck mouse has made more of a difference in my
game play than ANY other hardware I have bought.

Back