• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just got Albatron turbo.... lets just hope i need to burn it in

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

well just got the card, before installing it i removed the stock grease and put AS2 on. plug it in, load drivers (41.03) load coolbits, and get overclocking.

i tryed at first what this card was supposivly guarenteed to do? 300/650 but i got HORRIBLE artifacts in windows. so i lower the mem speed to 615 and now it seems to be fine. I tried runnin 3d mark at 300/615 and it crashed so i lowered the clock to 280/615 and it passed.
http://service.madonion.com/servlet/Index?pageid=/orb/projectdetails&projectType=6&projectId=4970325

12k not bad but i wanted at least 13k.

lets just hope this is a matter of burning in cause i could have easily bought the msi card for cheaper and gotten those scores. my old gainward would do 330 core w/ stock cooling!

the core is A3 btw also which means it iis new.

i didnt mod it i just put different thermal grease on it if i need to rma it then i can always put the old stock one on.

hmm maybe the thermal grease~stuff worked better than the as2 does with gpu situations. AS2 seems to thin out a bit to much for gpu stuff. Possibly your case airflow isnt great? Any pci cards right next to the video card? It could possibly be that a NIC, sound card etc that is in the top pci slot is messing with the video card. This should help narrow down some possible problems hopefully.

you should get more out of the GPU because a $140 MSI Geforce 4 ti 4200 64mb ddr can get to 300 fine...my friend has this card.

Umm.. that's terrible, for a card that cost soo much for it's overclocking...I'm be ****ed.. then again I've had that kind of bad luck with CPUs as of late.. so.. I can't say too much. My G4 ti4200 stock did 320/600.. with my mod it does 340/640.. yet it cost half as much as yours, and I bet I'd kill your card without a problem.. sorry man.. I'd RMA.. and they might not take it bad since you modded it..

well its newegg so they will take it back seeing how it is impossible for them to know that i modded it if i put back normal goop. i am going to try to reapply the paste using artic alumina not silver.

however, it makes now sense at all why the ram would not do 650 tho since that was not modded at all!

I have the turbo 4200 P and I've only gotten it to 310/595, but I can get 13,457 3dMark score at 161 FSB on a 2.4b. I'd like to run 300/600, thats what it's supposed to do since it's the ti4600 memory....but it wont finish 3dmark at 600.

Kerry

actually ti4600 is 300/650 and they use 2.8ns ram. however, every review of the card i have read said that the 3.3ns on this will do 700mhz and the core 310mhz.

i am gonna rma the thing tomorrow
the max stable it will do is 290/620 which is not worth $185

Emericana said:
actually ti4600 is 300/650 and they use 2.8ns ram. however, every review of the card i have read said that the 3.3ns on this will do 700mhz and the core 310mhz.

i am gonna rma the thing tomorrow
the max stable it will do is 290/620 which is not worth $185

considering I got 340/640 with $120 card..

Back