• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Small interview with an Abit Representative about their new NForce 2 motherboard !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tecnoboy

Registered
Small interview with an Abit Representative about their new NForce 2 motherboard !

Well today I had the opportunity to interview a representative of Abit and ask im some kwestions about their new NForce 2 motherboard, here is a transcript of part of the conversation we had, for privacy matters I substituted the Abit persons name with "Abit Representative":

Gonçalo - Tecnoboy diz:
When will the new Abit Motherboards based on the NForce 2 chipset will be arriving at the market ?

Abit Representative diz:
Good question...we're optimizing the BIOS right now to make sure it can OC well. We'll probably be the last ones to have ours out

Gonçalo - Tecnoboy diz:
Can you tell me if they will have high voltage options for the cpu and memory like the KD7 board ?

Abit Representative diz:
Yes they will...not the highest available though. However, our voltage settings are all guaranteed to work

Abit Representative diz:
sorry its my firewall

Gonçalo - Tecnoboy diz:
by that you mean ? 2v for cpu maybe, and about 3v for memory ? I was a little surprised to see the news about your motherboard in your web site, because they mentioned that the voltage settings would not be as high as some other manufacturers deliver, and since some of your motherboard like the KD7 support some high voltages, I was wondering why take this step back ?

Abit Representative diz:
becasuse there is no point to those high voltages unless you want to fry your cpu. other manufactureers may offer higher settings , but don't guarantee anything

Abit Representative diz:
you still there

Abit Representative diz:
i should go soon

Gonçalo - Tecnoboy diz:
ok

Abit Representative diz:
any more questions?

Gonçalo - Tecnoboy diz:
just one

Gonçalo - Tecnoboy diz:
Give me an estimated time of arrival for your NForce 2 in the Market ? Im hearing 1 to 2 days in a british web store: dabs.com (I can give you the link if you like), and a portuguese distributor is saying 2 weeks, what do you say ?

Abit Representative diz:
2 weeks

Abit Representative diz:
ASUS maybe 2 days, us 2 weeks

Gonçalo - Tecnoboy diz:
Will it also be possible to lock the agp & pci bus in your motherboard ? It is a nice overclocking feature, since it helps a lot achieving high front side buses, but many manufacturers haven't implemented it yet, how about abit ?

Abit Representative diz:
Sorry! Its 5 30!

Gonçalo - Tecnoboy diz:
Im sorry if im keeping you, I didn't know the time !

Abit Representative diz:
No problem man!

Gonçalo - Tecnoboy diz:
here it's 9:39

Abit Representative diz:
:D

Gonçalo - Tecnoboy diz:
:)

Abit Representative diz:
cya

Gonçalo - Tecnoboy diz:
bye

Well from what we can see here, Abit is defenitly very conserned about providing a good motherboard and send it to the market with most problems fixed, unlike some other brands that sent their motherboards for review with some bugs and problems and with some of the features of the new NForce 2 chipset still missing !
Their optimizing the most out of their bios, so that it will overclock well, and even not having such high voltage options has some other manufacturers have in their motherboards, they guarrantee that they will work and that their motherboard will overclock better, from what I had read at Abit site and now from this conversation I had with Abit Representative, I can say that the motheboard will most likely support a higher vcore setting that 1.85v, but still lower that 2.2v that some of the more agressive overclockers with good cooling systems would like to see ! So im pointing at maximum vcore being near 2v ! And memory maybe 3v or even 3.2v , but this is just speculation for now. I supose that they are also taking this extra time to optimize memory settings and bandwith, since the 1st reviews of NForce 2 motherboards didn't show great memory bandwith performance as most of us expected ! Even using double channel ddr and syncronizing the memory with the fsb, wich are the best performance modes for the memory in the NForce 2 chipset.

that guy sounds kinda rude, trying to push you out the door or something...

2v max?
that would suck.
sounds like time to do a volt mod...

I think that guy needed some serious sleep. He sounded like he was about to pass out or sometin and was in a rush to crash!

Anywayz, onto the nForce topic, I think that the reason for Abits slowness is the fact that they are releasing three models of the board now and not one. They even scraped the original board design in favour of a faster better board design.

OC-Master

Back