• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need to replace nvmax...suggest?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Puer Aeternus

I used to use NVmax faithfully but had some flakey probs w/ it recently and dont know if it the prog, or something else?
I really liked it and would like to replace it w/ something as good!
Any good video tweak progs...or is there a updated nvmax floating around?

I just updated my vid card drivers and cant use nvmax anymore either...using rivatuner now too

Last edited:
I decided to try the GeForce Tweak utility. I like it!
I used Riva in the past and prefered NVmax....GeForce tweak utility is like a mix of the two.
Easier to use than riva tuner but more options than nvmax.
BTW...I am now getting a pretty good o/c w/ my card:D

I was going to mention the GF Tweak Utility, but the last time I checked they weren't supporting th 40 series Detonators, so I thought you might end up right back where you were. I used it and liked up until the latest Dets came out. Maybe they came out with a newer version since last I checked? Glad you found something that worked for you.

repo man11 said:
I was going to mention the GF Tweak Utility, but the last time I checked they weren't supporting th 40 series Detonators, so I thought you might end up right back where you were. I used it and liked up until the latest Dets came out. Maybe they came out with a newer version since last I checked? Glad you found something that worked for you.
Thanks for the heads up... I did not know they dont support the 40's.
I am using the 29's right now since they dont crash anything:eek:

Back