• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8x AGP enabled?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoJoMoJo

Inside the ATI control panel for the 9700 Pro i see a smartgart? showing AGP off or 1x or 2x I have no idea what this is for. But regardless now Im curious what program are you using to see what AGP is enabled. Im looking in sisoft but dont see anything saying what setting is selected... just the mainboard information showing the max transfer rate of the AGP slot which is 8x. Could someone tell me how to or where to go to see the current status of the AGP mode selected.

In Sandra, under mainboar information, there should be a section called AGP bus, and under that there will be "Current Data Transfer Rate". That will tell you what your AGP is set to.

Diablo_363rd said:
Inside the ATI control panel for the 9700 Pro i see a smartgart? showing AGP off or 1x or 2x I have no idea what this is for. But regardless now Im curious what program are you using to see what AGP is enabled. Im looking in sisoft but dont see anything saying what setting is selected... just the mainboard information showing the max transfer rate of the AGP slot which is 8x. Could someone tell me how to or where to go to see the current status of the AGP mode selected.

Regardless of what your ATI control panel may say, the AGP bus is controlled by the MoBo....not the card, but of course, the card has to be able to handle that AGP setting.

ok in the mainboard information in sissoft it shows maximum transfer rate of 8x. scrolling down further it shows under expansion slots for the agp is shows 4x agp 32 bit 3.3 volt half length in use. In my bios settings the 8x is enabled. Uhhh am I at 8x or 4x?

ok let me add to this now in 3d mark system information its showing 8x is enabled. So I take it is..... just the other programs maybe are not surporting the current system?:(

Diablo_363rd said:
ok let me add to this now in 3d mark system information its showing 8x is enabled. So I take it is..... just the other programs maybe are not surporting the current system?:(

I know that there are some Abit boards that are having issues communicating w/Sandra, not sure what ones, but fan speed, cpu temp and various other things are not always reported correctly....not sure on Asus
It might be Sandra, it might be the board ....I'd check w/Asus's website and see if there is an updated Bios flash - DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, but usually no big issues as long as you use an official bios.

ya running the latest bios from asus only known problem i am seeing is possible low voltage readings. Im confident now with the 3d mark info showing 8x enabled and a score of 14,200 it is enabled. I think......

hey hey WCPUID works also in the chipset selection it shows the available and current AGP mode selected.

Back