• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo or PS or Fan Trouble!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albreck

Hi.... I have a 8KHA+ from about 6 months.. all ok.... then about 2 or 3 weeks ago, the cpu fan start to stop working, the fan is a Dragon Orb 3+ the cpu a xp1600+, I start the computer few hours the mobo alarm start to sound the cpu fan is off, turn off the computer, wait start the computer again, the fan start to work again... but today the alarm sound, turn off the computer, wait 3 hours start the computer... and.... :( it doesn't start at all... no vital sings.. no nothing.... what happend??????????????????????? :( :eh?:
ps bad???? mobo fried??? cpu???? what?????!!!!!!!
the ps is 300 or 350 watts.... please help!!!!!! nothing works

Mobo 8KHA+
CPU xp 1600+
fan Dragon Orb 3+
Mem 512 DDR Kingston 2100
HD IBM deskstar 60gb
PS generic 300 or 350 watts :(

First of all I woudln't be using a dragon orb 3 hsf with a xp1600. I would check to see how many Watts your PS puts out. If it's 300 then I would suggest upgrading to 400+. It could be that the dragon orb is not ample enough cooling for your processor and is causing it to overheat. Maybe the it's auto-shutting down because it's exceeding 55C or whatever you have it set to....maybe not.... if you waited 3 hours to turn it back on and it didn't work, that could be a problem. You didn't by any chance smell anything did you? If you can get it to start again try lowering the voltage to your cpu. Also I would definitely get a better cooling solution for your hsf. Anywho I hope this helps a little... :) good luck!

but the computer work fine for 6 months+ why now????????? all was fine till now :( :confused:
have to buy a 400 psu tomorrow see what happend... and if the computer don't boot????? what shoud I do??:confused:

don't feel bad :)
read my thread instead. :beer:
Here

By the way first thing 1 would do in that situation is use another fan to determine if it is the fan that went bad or the outlet u had it connected to (mobo)
if the system powers up it unlikely to be the PSU
All though i'll never ever buy a generic anything again!
Peace!

hummmmm...nice trouble too.... jajaja... I'm still shock too, tomorrow have to buy a 400psu and a fan too... hope to have the money... still not shure about what cause my trouble... dead fan or psu.... hope one of them.... and hope the mobo and cpu still alive and working....
well see you tomorrow :burn:

what about a ALLIED/FOXCONN ATX400P4 400W DUAL BALL BEARING FANS P4 READY ATX POWER SUPPLY for 30/40$ ??? or better buy a antec or enermax?????

No more cheap psu's for me
I could of fried my hole system 2K$^^^
Antec
Enermax
Thermaltake
Vantec
And no need to look @ any other brand.
later

Well if the system starts and it does nothing but power the fan's and the led's come on. But it does'nt boot or post. Then I'll bet anything your CPU is toast. Especially if it does'nt give you any beep codes. It's either the motherboard or CPU.

One thing to try as well if you have'nt already. I'm not sure about the 8KHA+ I've never checked the spec's on them. But there are board's out there that will not post or start if there's no fan connected to the fan1 header. This could be your problem. If the fan stopped working the motherboard may not recognize it's there so it's not starting up. It's just something to try.

there is no beep, there is nothing, no life!!!!! no fans on, no led's... no nothing... dead... no power... think is the psu don't know yet... don't have the computer here :(

Albreck said:
there is no beep, there is nothing, no life!!!!! no fans on, no led's... no nothing... dead... no power... think is the psu don't know yet... don't have the computer here :(
Then it's most likely your PSU. If it was your motherboard or CPU or something else the system would turn on. But it would'nt post or boot.

Back