• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TBird 1.4 refuses to boot at 133 FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

McWarren

I've got a Thunderbird 1.4 installed in an 8KTA3+PRO which has been working find for almost a year. I was some resource hogging program, and got bored of waiting for it to recover so I rebooted. My machine will post fine at it's rated speed (10.5x133) but refuses to boot. It will get about half way through the Win2000 progress bar.

I've checked the ram, and upgraded to BIOS to latest version. However, I can only get the FSB to about 110 MHz without crashing. Does anybody know of solution that doesn't result in a new motherboard?

You might have a screwed up w2k, boot in safe mode and see if anything is broken.

Why use 110fsb?, 133 much better, 140 also ;)

If you just flashed you should load optimized defaults and go through all screens to check settings are ok.

I had a 1.4 100fsb model on that mb, used it at 142-145, sometimes 150-152. Once or twice there were some problems but it was the closing of bridges that needed a re-paint. Defaults to 14x100 if **** happens.

Back