• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me save my Hard Drive data!! :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wam

I had 3 partitions on a 40 gig WD SE Hard drive. All NTFS. First one was a boot of 2 gigs and the second and third were data, 29gig & 9gig in size. While trying to merge the last two an error occured (504) in Partition Magic 8. After it restarted there was nothing left on the drive.

I tried Easy Recovery 6 but that crashes trying to scan in the disks. When I looked at the drive through PM8 it shows the whole of the drive as one parttion calling it 'BAD'. In XP all 3 partitions show up there but empty.

Do I need to repair the MBR or Filesystem somehow?

Please any help would appreciated.

Damn dude.. tough luck... its possible to recover your data, but in order to do so, you'll have to get a secondary drive for the data..

Next you'll have to get a piece of software called 'Lost and Found'

Its a pretty tricky piece of software; but I'fe found data 3 formats back on my HD with it.... better get a real tech dude to help you out.. then its possible!

Thanks for the reply.

I've given up on the data now, there's wasn't that much that I needed that wasn't already backed up.

It was a bit of a mixed blessing cos I wanted to clear up a lot of junk on that hard drive... now it's done. It kinda drives home the point though; BACKUP OFTEN, cos you never know....

first, get another drive maybe 6GB use it as your boot drive just make it simple small instal of XP have the other one that has the data as slave drive, than run a deleted file recovery program there are tons out there.

Back