• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I Lap GlobalWin WBK38???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t045t3r

I just got the GlobalWin WBK38 w/ Arctic Silver 2, and I'm wondering if it would be worth it to lap it. It seems pretty smooth already hehe. Do you think I should lap or not? And if so, what is the cheapest route to a good "lapping"? I don't really want to buy a bunch of sandpaper and end up spending $40+ and waste all the money I saved going for a less expensive HSF. Let me know what you all think I should do. Thanks.

all you need is 200/400/600 grit wet/dry sandpaper and a piece of glass. wet the sandpaper down and do figure 8's and keep it flat on the glass.... start at 200 and work up...

you can buy single sheets of sandpaper for less than a dollar.

have fun.
dew.

i lap then i put it on something flat and make sure it is flat as long as you do that you will be great :)

If your confident in your lapping abilities then it will not hurt allthough some of the high end HSF's do come with a pretty good finish and by lapping you may not gain that much, personaly if it was mine i would lapp it and polish it but there is a debate going on how high to lapp and polish 600 for sure and 1500 max, one guy said he had better results just polishing though.

goodluck

Back