• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any reason to get IE6 over IE5? also i need a site to download win updates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

first off i just installed windows 2000 on my computer cause xp was annoyin me. i got SP3 and every update on windows update except for IE6 because i dont really see what good it could do for me (isnt IE6 based on Win XP?). i am running IE 5.0 not 5.5 cause the win update site doesnt have a link to download that. that leads me to my second point. does anyone know a site to download all of the windows updates so i dont need to go on that microsoft win update site?

who else to get M$ updates from Microsoft? :)

I am using 2k and IE6 sP1 and it works fine for me. I say go for it.

I use IE 5.5 because I just think it performs a bit better than 6, basically.

All the updates etc are available through MS even if you don't use Update- as I recall got to the Downloads section and you can search for software by os: IE 5.5 with Tools (or whatever its called :D) is the one I use.

rogerdugans said:
All the updates etc are available through MS even if you don't use Update- as I recall got to the Downloads section and you can search for software by os: IE 5.5 with Tools (or whatever its called :D) is the one I use.

I prefer using the update, 'cause I don't like hunting down patches and whatnot. To each their own.

I don't mind IE6. It's not all that bad, actually.

I like IE6 for occasional browsing, but for daily comics and pages I hit daily, i use Opera for it's "continue browsing" feature. When I use unix/linux, i use mozilla.

I never heard of phoenix before.. looks neat! :)

about phoenix i actually use mozilla (i like it better than phoenix) but there are many things i like about IE mainly it is fast (faster than opera it feels like)... i have a bunch of different browsers on my pc

Back