• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor goin crazy....but its my vid card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathScyth_Hell

If you read my past post...i told you guys my monitor was goin fuzzy with black background everytime i run something from the desktop..i.e. explorer, microsoft word. But games i can still play perfectly...i thought it was my monitor...then i finally tested wit my other ones...same thing happens...so it has to be my vid card...its an Ati Radeon 8500 128mb...i have the newest drivers...and didnt o/c...
soo back to Question 1....what can be wrong with it...???
and i just got it a few weeks ago...PLZ HELP ME!!

ALso, whats the warranty for an OEM ATI Radeon 8500 128mb??...its the same for a retail one right???

Warranty = Same

However, you sure it may not be Windows acting up?
(If running the Penguin, ignore the next para.)
If you have Windows, try a reformat, and install the Vid Card drivers FIRST FIRST FIRST after doing Windows Update. If the same problem arises, then you will know for sure if it IS the vid-card... If your problem is gone, then ignore me.

If your problem stays, find an anti-static bag and a padded envelope, you'll need it man.

If running Linux, I haven't the slightest clue what may be wrong.(sorry :d)

yes, first reformat, then install mobo drivers, then install direct x and then install Ati drivers....if that doesnt work try the omega drivers....then do windows update, otherwise Windows tries to install its own crappy drivers which have no OpenGL...

Ati and Nvidia drivers dont play nice with each other..

OHHHHHHHHHHH $HIT!!!!....i didnt reformat before i installed the radeon and before the radeon i had the tnt2....you guys think this causes the problem??>..the nvidia and the ati drivers?

i would say so, it is very hard to completely remove video card drivers, i found this out with the infinite loop errors lol, yes...definately do a reformat or at least do a full uninstall which requires deleting all nvidia entries from registry and manually deleting files starting with nv after uninstallation, but reformatting is trouble free :)

Back