• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just purchased a Tyan Trinity 400.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chum

I had to because my old BF-6 shot craps...and I needed something that would run my P3 500 slot 1 until I could afford something better. Seems like a pretty good board...I have now upgraded to S370 P3 1 gig and put in a nice copper heatsink/fan combo on it. The default FSB is 133. A few questions ...

1. If I increase the FSB does it in any way affect the AGP/PCI?
2. All of the FSB settings in BIOS are with or wihout 'spread spectrum'- "what the heck does this mean"?
3.Is the new Coppermine CPU a good chip to oc' ?
4. And...what do the names like Coppermine, Deschutes, Katami etc. mean...are these the manufacturers or what?

Any suggestions on what precautions to take or other BIOS settings to change before going to 150...the reason I ask is this...

If I change the FSB...won't it also overclock the AGP port...etc.(?)

edit...I tried increasing the FSB in BIOS to 140...spread spectrum/on...would not post...had to reset CMOS...what am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
I have the same board. I am running a 733 at 825 no problem. As far as the spread spectrum thingy, mine is set 150/off. After doing some reading I found that it reduces EMI. Apparently if you have really sensitive adnoids, you can reduce your chance of cancer. :p

I had lots of probs getting it to post with spread spectrum on.
I also had lots of problem trying to OC it until I bought some decent memory. Try setting the memory clock to (-33mhz) and see if it will post. Then you will know if it is your memory holding you back.

Good Luck!
Ant

Back