• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram Timings In Bios???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bon3thugz43v3r

I need help badly on this stuff. I need to know what to set my pc2100 ddr ram (CRUCIAL) timings and stuff at. I put it on user define and my settings are on CL 2.5 and their were three setings and the numbers were 2 2 5 so i made them 3 3 6. I want to get the most out of my ram someone help!!!:eek:
Im using asus a7v-333 with newest bios also.

lower timings are faster... basically its how many cycles the ram should skip before executing a function. Dont forget that no ram is created equal... some may do CL2, while other cant.
I believe crucial is CL2.5

2/2/5 is fastest
3/3/6 is is most stable

The easiest way to find out what u can do, is start reducing timings one by one, and see if u can boot. Once boot fails, u know ur limit.

Bon3thugz43v3r said:

Guessing 2.5 is better from that

He meant if you can do 2, then that's the fastest. If you can't do 2, obviously you're stuck w/ 2.5

I still haven't gotten my timings optimized yet.

My mobo bios are in the following order:
CAS, TRP, TRAS, TRED, Command Rate (CR)
and I'm running 2, 2, 6, 2, 2T respectively. These are the fastest settings for me. See sig below for my system.

Here are the percentages of improved performance compared to the other setting available.
CAS: a setting of 2 is 0.89% faster than a setting of 2.5
TRP: a setting of 2 is 2.29% faster than a setting of 3
TRAS: a setting of 6 is 0.21% faster than a setting of 5
TRED: a setting of 2 is 3.50% faster than a setting of 3
CR: a settting of 2T is 2.68% faster than a setting of 1T

My results are different than normally quoted for TRAS and CR, i.e. that lower is better. On my system this is not the case and I see improved performance with higher settings. That is true whether I run 1 stick or 2 sticks of memory. I ran about 10 benchmarks of Prime95 for each of the above results so they reflect an average of those 10 tests for each percentage quoted.

Test your memory and settings. :cool:

deeppow said:
and I'm running 2, 2, 6, 2, 2T respectively. These are the fastest settings for me. See sig below for my system.

Here are the percentages of improved performance compared to the other setting available.

My results are different than normally quoted for TRAS and CR, i.e. that lower is better. On my system this is not the case and I see improved performance with higher settings. That is true whether I run 1 stick or 2 sticks of memory. I ran about 10 benchmarks of Prime95 for each of the above results so they reflect an average of those 10 tests for each percentage quoted.

THANKYOU!!! Finnaly someone nice enough posts all their settings, if I was an admin Id give you green starts, jeese.

I thought command rate of 1T was more aggressive than 2T...

1T is suppose to be faster. I said that in the post but that it isn't for me! That exception is true whether I use 1 stick or 2 sticks of memory.

Bottom line is that you need to test your machine and its settings to see what is fastest for your combo.

Last edited:
deeppow said:

yeah same here thanks alot this was very usefull, the only think that makes me wonder is the very small difference form 2T to 1T, since i heard it was far greater

which is faster

so using 1T or 2T is more faster?i am using 2 stick of 256mb twinmos pc-2700 ddram.so setting should be 1T or 2T is faster?

Re: which is faster

nokiaXP said:
so using 1T or 2T is more faster?i am using 2 stick of 256mb twinmos pc-2700 ddram.so setting should be 1T or 2T is faster?

i would say, try one, run a benchmark like sandra for memory and then try the other and run sandra again... see for yourself :D

1T should be faster than 2T. BUT on my machine things are reversed with 2T producing better performance. This result implies that more communication misses are occuring between my memory and the cpu at 1T, the cpu can't take the information fast enough and misses occur. Slowing the command rate to 2T appears to improve communication.

For a different fsb setting and cpu multiplier, this result might change. Performance is all about timing the memory to operate most effectively with the cpu.

nokiaXP, as mbentley says "test and see."

confused

i get confused about this ddram timing.what is the bestsetting for ddram timing. 1)row percharge time,available 2T,3T 2)RAS pulse width,available 6T,5T
3)RAS to CAS delay, available 3T,2T 4)CAS latency,available 1.5,2,2.5,3.0 4)bank interleave,available 2 way,4 way
5)1t Ccmmand,available enable,disabled 6)Fast R-2-R Turnaround,available enabled,disabled
i hope some one can tell me

Re: confused

nokiaXP said:
1)row percharge time,available 2T,3T 2)RAS pulse width,available 6T,5T
3)RAS to CAS delay, available 3T,2T 4)CAS latency,available 1.5,2,2.5,3.0 4)bank interleave,available 2 way,4 way
5)1t Ccmmand,available enable,disabled 6)Fast R-2-R Turnaround,available enabled,disabled
i hope some one can tell me

row percharge time - 2T is most agressive/fastest
RAS pulse width - 5T is most agressive /fastest
RAS/CAS Delay - 2T is most agressive fastest
CAS latency - 2.0 is the most agressive / fastest (*2.0 is the lowest you can actually go regardless of what u set it to*)
Bank Interleave - 4way interleave is most agressive / fastest
Command Rate - 1t is most agressive / fastest
Fast R2R Tr - enabled is most agressive fastest.

That being known, some settings are more important than others like CAS Latency is #1 importance IMO - This is the order I would try till your pc is unstable

CAS - 2.0
Cmd Rate - 1T
Row Perc Time - 2T
RAS Pulse - 5T
RAS/CAS - 2T
Bank Interleave - 4way
Fast R2r - Enabled

That is putting the most important performance settings at the top, according to me...some may disagree but it works well.

Back