• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gladiator or Glaciator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnDborder

Which is the better, Millenium Glaciator or OCZ Gladiator?
Of the better one of those two, compared to the ThermalRight SK-6, which is better?
Thanks

I believe the Swiftech MC462, Glaciator and SK-6 are considered the top 3 coolers right now. The Gladiator is good but I'm not really sure how it compares to others.

I just replaced the Gladiator with a Glaciator. My experience is that if there is a +5 degree error with the Glaciator, and my experience seems to bear this out, the idle temps of the Glad is lower than the Glac. The load temps of each are basically the same. After much testing in MY box with MY setup the 2 are basically equal in performance with the Glac being much quieter. My Glad had the 32cfm fan. When I used my Delta 38 I got about -1 more degree. Remember this is MY experience with these two hsf's.

Twofan (Jun 29, 2001 05:10 p.m.):
I just replaced the Gladiator with a Glaciator. My experience is that if there is a +5 degree error with the Glaciator, and my experience seems to bear this out, the idle temps of the Glad is lower than the Glac. The load temps of each are basically the same. After much testing in MY box with MY setup the 2 are basically equal in performance with the Glac being much quieter. My Glad had the 32cfm fan. When I used my Delta 38 I got about -1 more degree. Remember this is MY experience with these two hsf's.

I'm getting similar results testing a Glaciator vs. a PEP66T w/ Delta 38. The PEP66/Delta is 1 to 3c cooler, but the Glaciator is a LOT quieter! ???

Mr B

I replaced my apha pal 6035 with Delta fan with a Glaciator and the Glaciator ROCKS my temps droped BIGTIME Im running my tbird at 1550mhz with 1.9volts going into the cpu... I can also run the same tbird at 1617mhz at 2.14volts and heat is no problem my alpha and Thermoengine with Deltas on both would not post a 1600mhz...And this cooler is WAY less noise....

Back