• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is this plug???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stumpjumper5200

I noticed this one plug from my PSU (Antec TruePower 430) is really weird looking, and could not figure what it's used for. I noticed a picture of it on a sticky by Hoot, which is attached below.

So......WHAT IS IT???? :D

And, does anyone make an adapter or something so I can get some more 4 pin molex's from it?? I might wanna put a cathode or 2 in my system, but I don't wanna stress any of the lines. (One line is running 6 case fans; another my 9700PRO, HD, and Dragon Orb 478 HSF)

Last edited:
Is that the only one? Because if their are two of them, they are used for the AT style boards. On one of my AT intel motherboard, two of those plugs would fit just at the end of the ram slots.

-PC

Last edited:
It's not the P4 connector. It's an auxillary connector mostly used is dual boards. The P4 connector has 4 pins, 2 - 12v and 2 - grounds and are arranged in a square. You could hack it up put you can't get 12v out of it which fans run off. Don't worry about stressing the lines because all the lines come out of one point in the psu, so you can't stress any induvidual line.

It's just there to supply extra 3.3V and 5V power for boards that need it. Usually SMP boards.

I'm currently using it in my machine to supply 8.7V to my fans. 12V to high, 3.3V to low. More airflow than 7V but still very quiet.

Back