• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C2600@1064 Full Load 46C (winter), need a better cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What are you using for a hsf now? I know you mentioned it in other threads, but I can't remember off of the top of my head.

The PEP66T can be modded to run on a socket. Rotating the shroud 90 degrees would put the fan on top, as opposed to the side. I know it's been done before, but I can't remember any one posting results as far as cooling potential of this setup. I believe all that's needed to be done is to drill two holes in the shroud where the shroud mount screws attach it to the heatsink.

There might be something in the "Tips and Techniques" section of the front page regarding this.....I'll have a look.

Mr B

There certainly is!! I found an article posted by Joe Citarella back on 11-20-2000 regarding this modification to a PEP66T. He did this to use it on a Socket A AMD application, but the mod will work just as well for Socket 370 (intel) Just leave the "feet" ON (or put the "feet" on, as the case may be), as they are needed for the intel chips.

This review can be found at:

Hope this helps!

Cheers!!

Mr B

Back