• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A 2700+ has finally broken the illustrious 3ghz mark and then some

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well just from reading different posts on various forums it looks like the 2700+ or atleast the new AIUGB stepping is VERY good and 2.6ghz is not unreasonable using standard water on it.

i read on a post at xtremesystems that the 2700+ does 2400mhz w/ 1.7v w/ a AX7 40cfm fan which is very good seeing how that is a 300mhz oc right there!

AMD strikes back and does so with a vengeance. watch your back intel i wouldnt be surprised if AMD takes back the 3dmark charts if someone using these crazy speed CPUs actually uses a fast speed radeon 9700 w/ it as well! :santa:

As they utilise the same core I am expecting the Tbred B XP2600+ with 333FSB to perform just as well as the XP2700. Hopefully we will soon hear from people on their overclocks on these chips. :)

Here is an interesting question - when it comes to AMD (not sure about Intel) it always seems that the Japanese come out with the highest overclocks (irrespective of stability) - I wonder why that is - more willing to experiment perhaps and push the envelope that bit further?

Now I don't think I'll be getting a LN2 setup anytime soon, but I sure am glad I ordered the "aiugp" chip. I wonder how it will clock on normal cooling. I heard that this new auigb stepping will be used for the upcoming xp2900 and xp3000 as well. newegg is showing the 2600 as aiugb, but the 2700 pic is greyed out, so ordered both just in case and will send one back.

The 2700 that I fired up tonight is the old steppping aiucb week 41, and does clock to around 2400 stable on air at 1.85v, but now I hope the auigb version that is on the way will go higher.

When he can read his e-mail, and then play a couple rounds of UT, I'll be a bit more impressed.

LN cooling is not unlike a top fuel dragster. One run, and it's all done. Rebuild the engine/replace the CPU. That chip probably didn't live much longer than the time it took to save those screenshots to disk.

It is amazing the numbers they pull out of 'em before they go, but I'd like to see them finish a WU of Folding/SETI with that set up....:p Then I'll be impressed a bit more.

Mr B said:
When he can read his e-mail, and then play a couple rounds of UT, I'll be a bit more impressed.

LN cooling is not unlike a top fuel dragster. One run, and it's all done. Rebuild the engine/replace the CPU. That chip probably didn't live much longer than the time it took to save those screenshots to disk.

It is amazing the numbers they pull out of 'em before they go, but I'd like to see them finish a WU of Folding/SETI with that set up....:p Then I'll be impressed a bit more.

Ofcourse it's not a solution that you can keep running day to day, but the finnish overclockers (kamu, sampsa ect.) have used the same p4 chip for ages overclocking it over 4ghz now and then. It does'nt kill the processors, that's just a myth, or maby due to doing it badly during the first ln2 tests. I'm pretty sure that chip did'nt die from the treatment, or if it did, it would just point out that the amd chips are made with inferior quality. Sampsa and kamu also played quake (or whatever) at over 4ghz.

*edit* spelling mistakes

Emericana said:
well obviously not stable

I'm with Mr. B on this one. I personally don't give a damn what it can do if it's not stable. I guess some people get excited seeing stuff like this but not me. Hopefully it won't be too long before stable clocks like this are a reality... then I'll be excited :D

Anyone want to post the screen shot on the boards for me? My school has that site banned for some odd reason.

xgman said:
newegg is showing the 2600 as aiugb, but the 2700 pic is greyed out, so ordered both just in case and will send one back.

thats really unethical so you bought both just to get a stepping and going to send one back because you didnt get the stepping you wanted man so are you going to RMA it and say what it would not work good luck as newegg started a new policy that if its not broken or DOA upon testing it you will be getting the cpu and still be charged for it so i hope you know this and this is an offical unethical act which makes overclockers look bad just my opinion and opinions of others please dont take this lightly as you may be the victim someday

SpyderMatrix said:

thats really unethical so you bought both just to get a stepping and going to send one back because you didnt get the stepping you wanted man so are you going to RMA it and say what it would not work good luck as newegg started a new policy that if its not broken or DOA upon testing it you will be getting the cpu and still be charged for it so i hope you know this and this is an offical unethical act which makes overclockers look bad just my opinion and opinions of others please dont take this lightly as you may be the victim someday
Holy run-on sentence, Batman!! :D

Ever think that he might be planning on sending one back and paying the restocking fee? I agree with what you said, but don't be so quick to judge..

SpyderMatrix said:

I got pre-approval directly from Newegg to do this, since they showed the stepping for the 2600 but not the 2700 on their site. I don't plan on using the one I send back at all, just looking at the code. They said no problem.

i just said that if he is not assuming that he will be. Sorry for the run on sentence as i was getting angry with the thread. Also most people in this forum dont care about punctuation anyway

could you not just ask them to check the cpu to see if the stepping is the one you want before they ship it. And if it is then you can get it i mean it saves shipping and also headaches on both ends

SpyderMatrix said:
could you not just ask them to check the cpu to see if the stepping is the one you want before they ship it. And if it is then you can get it i mean it saves shipping and also headaches on both ends

i bet it would actually be less of a pain to do what he is doing. trying to talk to some of these people on the phone...after sitting on hold forever...then hoping they sent you what they said they would send you....

i'm not speaking directly at newegg, i'm just saying in general, i bet its just easier to see and send the other one back.

Back