• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1600+ Agoia "z"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KathodeFuZion

Registered
I just got a new 1600+ today and it has this weird stepping I have never seen before. AGOIA 0226; Z1505480281.

Does anyone know what this new stepping means? "Insane Overclocker maybe?" I know that the Y's are better then the 9's. So maybe the Z is even better?

So if anyone any info on this chip LMK.

Thanks

i have a AGOIA 02 28 Z1541061427 chip 1800+ i dunno if its ne good or not, i havent gotten all the pieces for my second rig yet, but i would also want to know if this is a good overclocker chip.

sorry to say, i've only heard terrible things about this stepping. there was a thread around here some time ago... i'll look for it.

k, here's what i found. this first one is the thread i remembered, \

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113660&highlight=agoi

this one is about an 1800 w/ same stepping, may interest you also.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113660&highlight=agoia

seems to be mixed results from it, keep in mind, while stepping is a good clue as to what you may expect from a certain cpu, there are always exceptions and there's alot of luck involved in getting a good chip, regardless of stepping. just give it a go and see what she'll do.

I have a 1600 XP+ AGOIA 0226 Z, it was doing 166FSB locked at stock voltages 100% stable, have had some issues recently which have prevented me from tyring anything further, will test it laternext week...

omg, is that zero overclock thing true, if so iam gonna be ****ed, i even had the guy look back and see if i can get an agoia chip, i got mine from frys, i havent tried it yet, b/c its goin in my second rig, and dont have all my parts, iam gonna try it out as soon as possible and if it doesnt overclock iam soo gonna return it. thnx for the info i hope it overclocks though *prays to god*

I saw the Zero Overclock and I can tell you it is bogus, I am running 350MHz faster right now, and that is at stock voltages and the temps haven't increased.

Check this link and look at the bottom, the guy called GVETalk is Larry from GameVE, he ran several of those processors through their paces and got some good results...

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133225&highlight=0226

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys. The chip is the brown one by the way.

From the looks of it Z could mean anything. I'll be home in a few hours and I'll bebale to test this "Z" chip. I guess you just put the chip to the test to see how it will perform.

I'll post some results of the "Z" chip later tonight.

Wish me a good OC.

yeah thanx for the replys guys, i was gonna be using this second rig for oc only, and gettin a chip that doesnt oc, would defeat the purpose haha, and KathodeFuZion i would love to see the results you are gettin from your 1600+ chip and also what setup you are running to would be appreciated, thnx for the info guys.

FYI the Z refers to the batch it was processed in. The rest of the information on that line is the serial number. The old rule of thumb was latter batches were better OC'ers and that is why Y is so popluar, Z is actually a fairly rare batch assignment.

Not that it hasn't been said before and probably isn't in a million stickies, but just in case:

1st Line: AX1600DMT3C

A=Family/Architecture: A=AMD Athlon(tm) XP Processor Model 6 Architecture

X=Generation: X=High-Performance Desktop Processor

1600=Model Number: 1500 operates at 1333MHz, 1600 operates at 1400MHz, 1700 operates at 1467MHz, 1800 operates at 1533MHz, 1900 operates at 1600MHz, 2000 operates at 1667MHz, 2100 operates at 1733MHz

D=Package Type: D=OPGA(Organic Pin Grid Array)

M=Operating Voltage: M=1.75 V

3=Die Temperature: 3=90 Centigrade

C=Max FSB: C=266FSB

2nd Line: AGOIA 0226WPAW

AGOIA=Stepping
02=Year: 02=2002
26=Week: 26=26th week
WPAW=? Non relased information

3rd Line: Z1514282258

Z=Batch: Z=final batch, batch order 1-9, A-Z
1514282258=Serial number

AMD uses most of the undisclosed information for tracking. I have personally spoke with several AMD engineers and they are very proud of the ability of their product to OC. Check out this link, http://www.amd.com/us-en/Corporate/AboutAMD/0,,51_52_3592_762,00.html I had about a 2 hour converstaion with the field engineer from my local AMD office, he was very friendly and helpful and they love to chat about their products, why not give your local guy a call...

About the color: The color has nothing to do with the quality of the product or how it will perform, or even when it was made. Color is subject to where it was manufactured and what materials were available at the time. Truthlfully while most of us are familiar with green or brown, there are almost a dozen variations within these two colors, hues, coatings, tints, etc...

The bottom line will always be, HOW WELL DOES IT OVERCLOCK FOR YOU!

Last edited:
Here is what my AGOIA Z got:
OC.jpg

Specs:
8k3a+, Crucial Pc2100, TC-4, Dtek core and shoud, Ehiem 1250, Aluminum 120mm fan.

Voltage: 1.9v

Temps: 30 Idle, 44 load.

Overall the Z batch is a pretty good OCing chip. I'm pretty sure that if I unlock the chip, I should beable to get another 100-200mhz out of it.

Last edited:
See my sig, and I know I can go higher, just haven't tried. That is only at 1.85 vcore. It can do 170 FSB at stock vcore.

Another one here

I have a 1600+ AGOIA 0226 - Z brown.

Currently locked @ 10.5x167, vcore stock 1.75V. Thermalright AX-7 and Panaflo 39 CFM on it. I like to keep my pci at spec speed, so haven't pushed it higher.

I'll be unlocking it soon - pretty sure it'll hit at least 1.8.

hth

Back