• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problems with vcore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ritzy

Registered
since my 1.6a died from nsds i needed a low cost way to get my computer up and running again. so i decided to go with a celeron 1.7. now i no its not the best choice but for 65 dollars it will do untill i can afford something better. now on to the problem. i got this chip today and on first boot up noticed in motherboard monitor that my vcore was @ 1.86. this seemed very high so i went into bios and lowered the vcore to as low as i can set it wich is 1.75. i still am getting 1.86 vcore. and even when i boot my bios gives me an error that my vcore is out of range. what would cause this and how might i go about fixing it? for a mother board i am running asus p4b533 and like i siad earlier im running the celeron 1.7. im out of ideas and would greatly apreciate any help. thanks :)

Back