• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIG PROBLEM with RADEON 9700 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mymak

Registered
Windows XP Pro recognized my new Radeon 9700 Pro as two cards - one AGP (primary) and one PCI (secondary). I have disabled this phantom PCI card in Device manager, but hardware acceleration still doesn't work, performance is very poor, DxDiag says acceleration is disabled and doesn't allow me to enable it. My hardware configuration is in my signature.

Can anybody help me please? Any idea is welcomed.

The second listing is for the secondary output on the card, don't worry about it and leave it enabled. If you are having problems try downloading the newest drivers from ATI.

-Rav

Rav: Thanx for info. I have downloaded driver 7.79 beta - should I to use it? I hope new driver will help me, but I'm afraid I will need to flash new bios into my board (still using old version bd7293), and then will occur another problem - waste all data from my Raid - because new Abit bios brings new version of Raid bios. Unfortunately I have not another space for data backup. :(

Anyway I will try new Ati driver first.

Deathknight: I'm not sure about this - I think main of drivers are installed from included Abit's CD, except Intel application accelerator. What driver can be responsible for this problem?

Do not use those beta drivers... just go to ati.com and download the newest drivers for you card there, which is the catalyst 2.3, and if that doesnt work, use the previous driver page and use 2.2.

Slayn: Currently I have installed official drivers v7.75.

Now I restarted PC and got this warning:

The ATI Control Panel failed initialize because no ATI driver is installed, or ATI driver not working properly. The ATI Control Panel will now exit. :(

Btw listing two cards in Device manager is sure OK? I never heard even red about this situation in other forums.

The secondary 9700 input there is a lil trick to get around the WinNT limitation of non-independant dual displays. I really don't know why they didn't put this in other card's drivers because they have it right there.

Wait, the 9000 Pro might also have it. All other in between don't.

Back