• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody notice newegg??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yah im curious to see how many people get a AGOIA Y ..I got a AGOIA 9 which does 1806MHz locked but it's only stable with 1.95 Vcore..Thinking of picking up a Y and puting this one in my other rig..

Well, i got an AGOIA "F", havent been able to test coz computer isnt done ordered yet (part wise duh :D) But, i imagine that ull get an AGOIA whether **** stepping or good, they better give em to people.

XP1600+ AGOIA week Y's are not all they're cracked up to be I read a lot about people getting 1900mhz out of them, but mine will only do 1.7ghz stable, 1.73 if I push it, post at [email protected] but won't do more than 1.73 without at least 1.8v. Its not like I have a cheapo system holding it back. I just have a weak overclocker, but still I can't complain I got XP2100-2000 performance for a 1600+ price.

I have an Abit KX7-333R with 1 512meg DIMM of Corsair XMS 3200 memory, and its liquid cooled, you'd think I'd be able to do better than 1.73, but not this time. My last T-bird was a 1.0gig, that I could run at 1.533 stable, this XP1600+ wasn't that great of a chip. I'd recommend to anyone buy the XP1700+ throughbred, you got a lot better chance at getting 1.9-2.0ghz out of it than an XP1600+ AGOIA, thats why I ordered one from newegg.

that happens, my brother has an agoia y 0213 brown...exact same one as me, but i have a green chip...his doesnt boot at any more than 1.8 ghz when he cranks the volts, but i can run 1.95@ 1.8 vcore...so its kinda just luck of the draw..since it takes me 2vcore to get to 2ghz...but then, it is a 600 mhz overclock

I got 166 with the Agoia Z I just got from Newegg today. Still locked with stock voltage. So its runnin at 1750.

Ya newegg has been selling the guaranteed Agoia's for about a week now, bought mine 3 days ago when it was still at 52.99.

Guess ill be selling my 1800+ that is a AGLHA and doesnt OC.

Cant beat that deal though.

I luv Newegg, but.............

check out the 2800+, you have to buy a motherboard and cpu cooler for a total of $536.

no choices on the motherboard or cpu cooler either.

now, this smacks, i know that processor will run on my 8k3a+, already have the bios installed to handle it.

i question this course of action by Newegg, can't get the bare cpu if you want it, and they are forcing you to take the motherboard (admittedly, not a bad one)and a CPU cooler that, frankly, is a joke compared to what i am already using (MC462 w/80mm delta).

i suspect they don't want Epox boards, and others that have mods, cranking 2.2vre and beyond into a $400+ processor that they may have to eat on an RMA.

whatever.

baldy

:cool:

I got an AGOIA 9 From Newegg for 52.99

Currently at stock voltage I'm at 173x10 =1.73 GHz (tried unlocking and it only partially worked) it's rock solid at 48-53C under load... any faster and I get errors in Prime 95.

I also got 187x8.5 = 1590 to run rock solid... once in windows, but the computer didn't post unless I held down "Home".

At 1.95V I got 176x10.5 = 1827, it was stable @ ~46Idle, 60C+ under load... I didn't let it go past that... So I need better cooling. I bet I could get 1900+ out of it... If this chip can handle 2.0V that is...

Last edited:
ChillPhatCat said:
I got an AGOIA 1600 from newegg when it was @ 52.99 also... I don't know how to tell if it's a Y or F or what not.. here's the markings:

Ax1600DMT3C
AGOIA 0224XPAW

The agoia is obviously the stepping the 02 is the year the 24 is the week and on the last line the first letter (or number in this case) is what you want to look for. Yours is a 9 like mine...

Back