• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheesy Peas

Right, Can u overclock a drive... I mean the speed of the bus, I have a ata100 drive but my board supports 133, so i was wondering could this extra speed be taken advantage of?

If no then fair enuf, if yeh then... how:D

cheers

No, the only way to get more speed is to use two or moare in a raid 0 array. Actual transfer rates are no where near ATA 100 or 133 anyway.

Well, it depends. If you overclock the PCI speed you're overclocking the bus, so you can make the drive send and receive things faster.... close to ATA133 burst speeds, BUT of course, your drive will not spin faster or read from the media faster, which is the real big limiting factor.

Regards
FTC

PCI overclocking can significantly increase your harddrive speeds though. I gained between 10 and 20 % on my ATTO benchmark by increasing the fsb from 133 to 166 with no 1/5 devisor.

Back