• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wanna mount mount SK6 to GF4 Ti4200... best way to do it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

I would rather not epoxy it because i have had HORRIBLE experiences with epoxy every single time i have ever attempted to use it, so i was thinkin of drillin some holes through it. however, if i did this, how would i get it to mount to the card tightly (like with pefect contact)? i was lookin at the 4 holes directly next to the GPU and they are TINY.

anyone have some suggestions/done this at all?

just an idea, maybe a copper heatspreader shaped like a cross where each side barely fits through the holes for hs mounting, and then mounting the SK6+ on top of that.....i agree epoxy is risky with something like that

well i cant really mill copper or anything so that is kinda out of the question. thanks for the idea tho. the only tools i have are a dremel and a power drill and i dont have access to copper.

I don't know about that one. I would be very hesitant to recommend putting a 330 gram copper block on a video card. I think you'll break it. those things are heavy. vidoe cards are more fragile than motherboards and your hanging it completely inverted relative to the earth. plus you have no secure way to mount it. what about something lighter, with just a copper plug?

whats with everyone mounting socket A heatsinks ob their GPU's now? It seems like it started coming up more once someone ripped the core off fo their ti4200.....

Back