• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lian Li ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Calavera

"YEAH, YOU LIKE THE CASE. Going around our language filters will NOT help you get your point across - edited by cw823"

It's so functional and sexy at the same time! OMG I love it!:)
I'm never using anything else...Lian Li all the way~

pics coming soon :p

Last edited by a moderator:
all depends on the model u got. i wouldnt buy anything thats not a pc-70/71.

Yeah well, I got the PC65. I'm not going to overclock, nor do I have enough space for a full tower.
Bare with me, my last computer was a Celeron 433Mhz with Voodoo3 which I'm still using. :p

Hey, how do you like the Alpha Pal8942? What fan did you mate it to? Is it really loud?

fd0a65e6.jpg

Love how the mainboard slides out like that.
fd0a66ec.jpg

Btw, anyone know what that metal box is? The thing that red arrow is pointing to.
fd0a64f1.jpg

It just bolts off/on...My guess is it's some kind of duct for the two fans in the front?
confused.gif

I have that case, but it is brushed aluminum in color. It is super nice. Btw, that box is for mounting hard drives in. You can put them in sideways, which is kind of cool.

what...? How?

How many HDD's can I fit in there? three?
I don't see a hole big enough for the IDE cables to go through. Although on the very bottom there is a big opening.

Also, how would you secure the HDD to that metal box? There are no screws nor holes that fit...

they come out the back (the ide cables) and they are sideways to allow for airflow to flow through the hdd's... also the alpha pal is VERY good, but if u want low noise and cheap cost, get the new vantec aeroflow, easier to install, and great performance at almost no dba.

you mount your HDDs in that metal box. it works as a heatsink for the drives too, and since the fans are right in front of them, it keeps the drives nice and cool. make sure that you move your drives to the outer parts of the box so you do not impede airflow.

I've got the PC-61, it's muy sexy. i'll never get anything but a Lian-Li for as long as I live =D

Calavera said:

Bare with me, my last computer was a Celeron 433Mhz with Voodoo3 which I'm still using. :p

dude, you could have bought a brand new mobo and xp combo /w hsf, and a stick of 128 mb ddr you would need for that money.

Yes, I must second the Lian Li 4ever theme b/c it's all I'll use now. I started with a PC61 and moved to a 71 when I went with water cooling. I love the vertical mounting mechanism especially for the cooling effect of the fan.

~THT

I have the same case as you and must say that it is very nice. Although, for the price of the case, I could have bought a cheap PSU/Case combo, and upgraded my video card to a Radeon 9700 for the difference in price. But its just too cool...

Okay, I must be retarded.
I tried mounting the HDD in there, but none of the slots aligned with all four holes on the HDD itself. Do I only fasten one side?

I also tried putting it in sideways, but the HDD was 1/4" longer than that metal box.

Calvera, :

1. slide out drive cage with 2 alum screw in holes in front of you
2. the sides with the circles are NOT where you secure the drives
3. the drives are then put in sideways so that the drive label or pcb is either facing you or away from you
4. you secure the drive with the 1" slits on both top and bottom
5. dont keep them too close so that the fans in front blows cool air on them. It cant get any simpler than that

I have a PC7 caee and my drive cage slides in an out with the help of some rails mounted to the bottom of the case. That looks so different, you sure thats from a PC???? case ?The intial pics so the drive cage to be what I have. Calavera, if you look at the last pic with the case almost stripped and you have an arrow pointint to the cage, your arrow is poting to those slits. Thats where the screws go into secure the drive. So again looking at the pictrue your ide cables and power should be inserted from behind the cage

That cage is not even that of a Lian Li. Lian Li drive cages have medium circle cutouts on one side and long strips rounded off for screws on the other side. Look at the picture you posted, the first picture has the medium circular holes on that side, on the other where you have the red arrows is where your screws go on top. The picture you posted a couple posts above is not even the drive cage from a lian li. That is probably why you are having problems.... :)

I saw the thread, saw Calavera's HHD mount, thought it looked wrong, saw this as an oppurtunity to help someone out and mount a HDD I have been meaing to mount. The photo is one I just took of my computer, the two drives in the cage are 40 GIG Maxtor ATA/133 that I have setup on a RAID 0. I just mounted a 3rd drive in the cage, an IBM 40GIG that I am using for Linux(Mandrake 9.0). I would mount another dirve but I have no more power connectors(3 hard drives, 1 DVD-Rom, 1 CD-R/RW,1 CPU Cooling Fan, 2 Front Intake Case Fans)

Back