• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2nd HDD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Talon101

My old computer ( I say its old cause its a server now :D) had 1 20 gig wd drive. I had another one from a older computer that I decided to put it in there, since it'll be a server and all. When I did this I had wink 2k pro running, and after a few hectic weeks of figuring it out, I finally managed win 2k to see the 2nd hdd. Well i just installed win xp pro, and now it disappeared. anyone know how to get it "back" so i can access the files on it?

Check in the BIOS to make sure that it can see the drive. Make sure it's set to "auto detect". Make sure you don't have any loose wires or ATA cables, and make sure your jumpers are set correctly, with one slave and one master. I'm sure you already know this and that you may not have changed anything, but it never hurts to check.

Z

Back